Opera Mini Browser and Tour
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi all,

Just curious if any other Tour owners have been using the Opera Mini Browser on their device.  I have had it installed for about a week and it works very well.  I have been loading web sites at random on Opera Mini and on the Blackberry Browser to see how they compare as far as speed of loading and ease of use.  I will say this, the latest BB browser for 4.7 on the Tour is a huge improvement over earlier versions.  Just curious what others think.

Doc

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Opera Mini Browser and Tour
groovieknave
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently got the tour and added the opera mini browser, has trouble with some pictures sometimes but otherwise works decently and loads faster than the blackberry default browser. I just wish they had something solid that works as well as a windows mobile device.

The tour is an excellent phone, love the apps, and haven't had many issues. Just the usual phone problems, like low signal in some areas. But the sound quality and the speakerphone are top notch. Get's a little sluggish sometimes but nothing terrible to set me back. Great keyboard... just wish the messaging would be threaded instead of filling up my inbox for me to constantly delete them.

0 Likes
Re: Opera Mini Browser and Tour
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I think some of those problems you listed are being addressed in the next Tour upgrade.  We'll just have to see.  I am thinking it should be out in a couple of weeks.

Doc

0 Likes