Opera Mini Browser
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1
Hi, all,

As a big fan of the Opera Mini browser, I was curious if any of you are still unable to use OM due to the trackpad issue. The last couple of versions of OM have a bug by which navigation with the trackpad is impossible due to its hypersensitivity. I currently use Opera Mini 5 Beta 2 which works great on my 9650 Bold. I realize a lot of you like the Bolt browser, which also works good. However, I prefer OM. Just curious to see what you use or prefer. Have a good one...

Doc
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Opera Mini Browser
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

It seems that the folks at Opera Mini have finally solved the trackpad issues with the Blackberry devices.  With the latest release just a few days ago, Opera Mini 6 gives a full feature rich browsing experience for the Blackberry.  Also, the trackpad issue was completely resolved.  OM 6 users also can store their passwords for logging into their favorite sites, such as the Verizon Community forums.  If you are a Bold 9650 user like me who has not upgraded to Blackberry OS 6, then you now have a browser that supports tabbed browsing.  Give it a try and let me know what you think about Opera Mini 6.  To download, simply go to Opera's web site and find the link.

Doc

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

StreetDocRN wrote:

Hi,

It seems that the folks at Opera Mini have finally solved the trackpad issues with the Blackberry devices.  ...  If you are a Bold 9650 user like me who has not upgraded to Blackberry OS 6, then you now have a browser that supports tabbed browsing.  Give it a try and let me know what you think about Opera Mini 6.  To download, simply go to Opera's web site and find the link.

Doc

Hey Doc!

I had downloaded and was playing with Opera Mini 5 Beta 2 - but on your advice I dumped it and got Opera Mini 6 - it's pretty slick!  It installed quickly, and is very responsive - I WILL change some of the default tabs, but played with the weather and Facebook and it seems to be excellent!

Some of the fast response MAY be due to the fact that we recently upgraded our DSL  internet access to Cable and are enjoying faster speeds overall, and I'm using the our wi-fi only to connect with the Bold, but so far I like Opera Mini 6!  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, all,

There is an update available for Opera Mini browser.  It is Opera Mini 6 Update 1 and it can be downloaded by going to Opera's web site on your mobile device.  The update fixes a couple of things:

• Several issues when typing in a textfield have been fixed.
  • Performance when editing large text areas has been improved.
  • URL Auto-completion bug fixes.
  • Trackball up and down now jumps to the beginning and end of text in a single line text field

Opera Mini 6 for Blackberry runs on either OS 5 or OS 6 and works on most all of the current Blackberry devices.  If you have yet to try Opera Mini, I say give it a whirl.  The tabbed browsing is great and web pages load fast.  If you are like me and have yet to update your Blackberry to OS 6 with its native Blackberry browser with tabbed browsing, now you finally can have that feature on your device.  Try it and let me know what you think.  Leave your comments in this thread.  Thanks.

Doc

0 Likes