leebaylin

Will Verizon support POP3 push email over BIS for the Z10

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: POP3 Email
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Happy Saturday leebaylin,

I see that the new Blackberry Z10 has gotten your attention. It is definitely an impressive device. As we all know, the operating system has been completly revamped. Rest assured as we are here to support you and the new Blackberry in any way we can. Were you able to get the device yet? If so then who is your email provider? I would love to be the one to assist you with your POP3 email. As you share more details about your email, we can get it added to the Z10.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
NickHansen

POP email does not work on z10 through verizon.  I bought my phone 3/30 and have spent the last 48 hours trying to get it to work properly .  I depend on three different pop emails for work.  I haven't yet tried to set-up my exchange email yet.

This appears to be a very well known and wide spread issue..why would verizon sell this device without disclosing this very serious email issue? And if I return it Verizon is going to make me pay a $30 to restock a device that doesn't work...unbelievable.

Frustration does not begin to express my feelings right now. This is totally unacceptable

Nick

0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes
drseagle

Nick, I had the same problem... I just returned the phone.  I also had problems with the new Blackberry Link, replaces the desktop, it does not allow two-way sync between the phone and Outlook... only one way from Outlook to the phone.  I also have a Playbook by BlackBerry, and the new Z10 will bridge but the only thing you can do with the bridge is a cursor, you cannot access your files, emails, tasks, etc.

The phone is not ready for public use.

0 Likes
WolfmanWatsonville

I have a new Z10 and find that my Z10 and Outlook will not do a 2-way sync. So, make a change on one and it will not reflect that change on the other when syncing.  That's not syncing!!!   Any help out there?

STeve

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WolfmanWatsonville, sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with the email sync. Have you updated your software to the current version?: http://vz.to/1hRycW4 Try removing the account from the blackberry and adding it back. Retest and let us know how its working.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: POP3 Email on Z10
WolfmanWatsonville

BrianP_VZW:

I have updated my blackberry Z10 with the new software offered through Blackberry Link just a few days ago.  I don’t understand what you mean when you write,” Try removing the account from the blackberry…”.   Please explain.  Thank you.

Steve

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Re: POP3 Email on Z10
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Somehow this reply ended up under wrong thread:  Drag down from top, choose Settings, then Accounts.  Delete the pop mail account that you are having problems with,  then add the account again. Starting fresh after an upgrade should fix it.

0 Likes