People Can't Hear Me During Calls
montanatc

Hello,

I recently got the Blackberry Z10 and have been very happy with the device and it was functioning without issue until recently. A couple of days ago when I place a call to anyone they can't hear me but I can hear them fine. The mic is not muted. If I put it on speakerphone there is no problem and I can be heard without issue so the mic is working fine. The issue seemed to start after I updated the software to 10.0.9.422. Is anyone else having this issue? Any solutions? If I don't get this figured out soon I will have to try getting a replacement device from Verizon.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: People Can't Hear Me During Calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Montanatc, thanks for posting. I can understand how troubling it can be to have a new device and not be able to use it to it's full capacity. Are you still having issues with making calls? Can people hear you if you use a bluetooth or wired headset? Have you tried this http://vz.to/YezV08  and retested? Please give more details so we can get this resolved for you.

SammuelP_VZW
VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
FrogoBaggins

Also, anytime a device that I am using gets a software update, weather its minor or major I wipe the device to factory defaults and start fresh. This will usually fix issues like you are having.

If you have everything backed up, I would try this option before you return the device.

0 Likes
montanatc

Thanks for the replies. I ended up removing the battery (I had already tried restarting the device) before I reset to factory defaults and the problem was fixed! Glad that such a simple solution worked to get the phone functioning again but was surprised that restarting the phone didn't solve this issue after the update. I read that this phone has two mics one for regular phone use and a second noise cancelling mic for speakerphone so it seems maybe the regular mic was not working correctly after the update until I pulled the battery and restarted. Just a thought.

Thanks

0 Likes