Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
People Can't Hear Me During Calls
montanatc

Hello,

I recently got the Blackberry Z10 and have been very happy with the device and it was functioning without issue until recently. A couple of days ago when I place a call to anyone they can't hear me but I can hear them fine. The mic is not muted. If I put it on speakerphone there is no problem and I can be heard without issue so the mic is working fine. The issue seemed to start after I updated the software to 10.0.9.422. Is anyone else having this issue? Any solutions? If I don't get this figured out soon I will have to try getting a replacement device from Verizon.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: People Can't Hear Me During Calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Montanatc, thanks for posting. I can understand how troubling it can be to have a new device and not be able to use it to it's full capacity. Are you still having issues with making calls? Can people hear you if you use a bluetooth or wired headset? Have you tried this http://vz.to/YezV08  and retested? Please give more details so we can get this resolved for you.

SammuelP_VZW
VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
FrogoBaggins

Also, anytime a device that I am using gets a software update, weather its minor or major I wipe the device to factory defaults and start fresh. This will usually fix issues like you are having.

If you have everything backed up, I would try this option before you return the device.

0 Likes
montanatc

Thanks for the replies. I ended up removing the battery (I had already tried restarting the device) before I reset to factory defaults and the problem was fixed! Glad that such a simple solution worked to get the phone functioning again but was surprised that restarting the phone didn't solve this issue after the update. I read that this phone has two mics one for regular phone use and a second noise cancelling mic for speakerphone so it seems maybe the regular mic was not working correctly after the update until I pulled the battery and restarted. Just a thought.

Thanks

0 Likes