Personal email issue
Geezup

I lost my BB and got a new one. When I put in the sim card and tried to add a personal/internet email to the machine via the email setup icon. It says there is a email already configured and it asks me to move it from the old device to the new one. But that email address is no longer valid and I don't know what to do to remove that email address from being referenced on the BB. I can't get past that menu and I am stuck not being able to add any email addresses to the system.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Personal email issue
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Try this: Go to Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Service Books. Highlight the old e-mail address and select Delete from the menu. If you have problems with your new e-mail address, Go to Setup, open the account you want, and select Send Service Books.

0 Likes
Re: Personal email issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Geezup!

Wow! I hate to hear that you lost your phone! I'm glad you were able to get a replacement though! Just so you know, you can log on to http://blackberry.net/go/zw and configure your correct e-mail settings.

You can configure your device to be associated with your e-mail settings and transfer them easily between two devices. You will need your ESN or MEID and also your PIN. Both can be found by dialing #4357* from your new phone. It will show the Status screen and will give you the information you need.

The information needed to log in here is your Blackberry Internet Service username and password. If you have fogotten this, you can attempt to reset it online, but if you have any trouble, simply call *611 and we will get you all set! On this website you can also erase any old e-mail address that is no longer valid or you do not use. I am so happy that I was able to help out here today!

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes