Please help
skigirl89

I have the blackberry tour and i couldnt remember my password so I attempted it 10 times and then it said if I tried again it was going to wiped clean!!?? So I took the battery out as it was wiping it clean-assuming it means my text messages. Does anyone know if there's a way to get my text messages if I took the battery out before it wiped everything clean? I'm so mad about this and ready to launch my phone in the lake somewhere :smileysad:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Please help
workaholick

I never heard of a BlacBerry wipe it clean like that. But i'd call tech support. I hope you get more help!

0 Likes
Maverick29

Yes, I would call tech support.  If you do happen to lock your Blackberry and enter an incorrect password ten times it WILL wipe the phone clean....meaning you'll lose EVERYTHING on your phone!  I wish I remembered how to overcome it, but I don't.

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Try this first, from the home screen select OPTIONS>SECURITY>GENERAL SETTINGS. Select CHANGE PASSWORD and complete on screen instructions

0 Likes
PROB1

Probably the answer is no based on the level of frustration in your post, but was your phone backed up?  Mine is actually backed up 3 different ways, through sync with outlook, through backup on desktop manager, and through SmrtGuard.  SmrtGuard even backs up and restores texts, & emails as well as contacts, notes, tasks, etc.  I'd like to hear how you make out, good luck.

0 Likes