Poll Question: Would you recommend AGAINST Verizon based on your Storm experience?
HS

Want to give verizon an idea of just how many discgruntled customers they have. Would you recommend AGAINST Verizon based on a negative Storm experience?

To start the polling, my vote is : YES I would recommend AGAINST signing up with Verizon.

Please register your vote honestly.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poll Question: Would you recommend AGAINST Verizon based on your Storm experience?
marknothing
In regards to the poll...if it is based only on the Storm experience, I would NOT recommend them to a customer, concerning the storm only. Based on other phones and how they operate, such as a regular flip phone, the voyager, and the regular Blackberry, I would recommend them at least on a trial basis. My girlfriend and I were both with AT&T, she had the iphone and I had the Vu. The iphone worked great for a few months but then it dropped constantly and the LG Vu's touchscreen sucked. The coverage was about as good as Verizon's. We just got tired of our bills ranging anywhere from $180 to $210 per month, with unlimited everything, but minutes. We never went over our minutes, so when we dropped AT&T, we had some 3,000 minutes we hadn't used. We have everything with Verizon that we had with AT&T, except so far our bill has only reached $190. So in that regard, I would recommend Verizon, but not the Storm, and I would recommend AT&T, just not the iphone or the LG Vu. I do agree with other people, though, about the Storm's OS, and how it doesn't work properly. As to those who "know" how to use the Storm, we haven't made any changes to it except for uploading music and home photos, so why does yours work so much better? It's just like Windows new operating systems, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. But Verizon does need to address this problem, and soon. Why do paying customers have to wait for months for an update? Loyal or not, we are still customers. We become loyal with good phones and great service. If our first experience is bad and the phone company doesn't make it better, then why should we wait months in order for something to be done?
0 Likes
Re: Poll Question: Would you recommend AGAINST Verizon based on your Storm experience?
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Well I've been with Verizon from day one.   Had a lot of ups and downs and certainly my share of frustrations.   Dealing with any large company is not always fun.   However, on balance I have for the most part been taken care of pretty well.   I too paid good money for a Storm and eventually unloaded it in frustration.   But you know what?   In all these years I've had far more phones that served me pretty darn well here.    No device is perfect and no network is either.   I say this at the end of all my postings.   I've got plenty of posting here taking Verizon to task for a number of things.   But I'm not here to constantly whine, I'm here to try and make my network better.   Verizon and RIM each learned lessons with this Storm.   Can we not say we've never learned lessons ourselves?

As upset and frustrated as I was with the Storm, I am NOT going to judge an entire network on just "that" experience.    No, I'm going to judge it with a lot more fairness and balance.   It is the totality of the experience that should be weighed and not just a bad episode.   If anyone thinks there's a better network then before you leave or allow others to try and convince you to leave . . . surf over there and take a look at their forum and the multitude of outrages being reported over there.   If you're at the network I think . . . you'll be shocked and you'll be back.   I often think and even say I'm going there myself . . . but I never do.

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
BlackBerry_i812

I would Vote NO..

I've Never had a problem with Verizone Land line or Cell Phones,

and Now that I have upgraded to the BlackBerry Storm 9530 three weeks ago,

I like it very much.. it has Great features and lots of usefull Apps..

and the Customer  Service Reps are friendly, Helpful and knowledgeable..

Message Edited by BlackBerry_i812 on 05-30-2009 01:18 PM
0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

@ Blackberry_i812: 

If all of what you say is true . . . why are you voting "Yes" . . . against Verizon?   Did you see the question in  title of the thread?

0 Likes
AzCellUser
I have been a Verizon customer for 9 years without a glitch.  Their network is great.  The Storm has issues although mine has worked great since adding the QuickPull app.  It reboots everynight at a set time and solves my memory issues and freeze ups.  They do need to keep theri customer service reps. more in the loop of things; ie.. updates, issues and resolution.  This stems from Corporate though.  I use my phone coast to coast and have yet to have any call drop issues.  I would recommend them as a carrier. 
0 Likes
ongre10
I would suggest VZW to anyone but it actually depends on what system your friends have so calls can be cheaper.
0 Likes
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1
Sounds like misplaced anger to me.  Verizon didn't build the OS for the Storm--RIM did, and very poorly.  I've had other cell providers and they had awful coverage, dropped calls.  I never, ever drop a call with my LG phone, nor did I with my Storm.  When the software is improved, I'll likely buy the Storm again, or more likely the Storm 2.
0 Likes
dennis1956

My anger is not misplaced. I'm still in almost total disbelief at the lack of communication from Verizon, the way Customer Service lied to me multiple times over 6 months and my local store rep. Another thing is how Verizon continued to sell what they knew was a faulty product. This is astonishing. A company I had trusted, even defended against when people suggested "bad service...poor customer relations...bad network" All this based on years of wonderful service to me. This is the root of much of the anger expressed here and on other forums. Sure, Verizon didn't develop the software;but they knew it was buggy and did nothing to calm nerves and anxiety, keeping silent to continue to try and make a profit. They even resorted to a "Buy a Storm, get any other BlackBerry FREE" promotion. I will be interested in what is offered in way of exchange or minor charge in replacing the Storm with The Storm2 if it's released in a few weeks. I would think a company as large and supposed "Customer" oriented would in some way compensate in some way for the past 6 months for the stress and trouble caused to so many. A simple apology and free minutes, coupon for $$$ off of accessories, something. It's such a disappointment I feel in a company I trusted. I'm really very sad about the whole episode.

Today's OS update seems to have sped up the phone by maybe 60%, the camera by 100%...it increased available memory on my phone by 10%. Other known issues will take a few days to see if they are addressed.

Message Edited by dennis1956 on 05-31-2009 04:28 PM
Message Edited by dennis1956 on 05-31-2009 04:29 PM
0 Likes
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1

WOW!

1.  You could have returned the phone for refund within 30 days if it didn't suit you.

2.  TONS of people use the Storm despite the problems with .75

Why should you be compensated when ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS RETURN ANY NEW PHONE YOU DIDN'T LIKE????   No one forces you to keep a phone that isn't to your liking.  They have had a refund policy for YEARS.  Avail yourself of it's provisions instead of going on and on for months.  It's too late now, but you COULD HAVE RETURNED IT long ago.  You have only yourself to blame for the predicament you are in.  Take personal resonsiblity for your decision to keep the Storm in the face of problems.

0 Likes