Priv is a charger killer!
SHACRA23

My Priv seems to be a charger killer. I started with the stock charger which worked for a few weeks then died, wouldn't work on other devices either. Next I was off to a new (actually older) charger and that worked for a tiny bit, then died also. Finally I've been using a Powermat with adapter for 2 months (thought I found a winner) but now that's not working either. I think this device is killing off chargers one by one. What can I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Priv is a charger killer!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can certainly understand the sense of urgency to determine what is causing the chargers to malfunction, SHACRA23. We can certainly take a closer look at the phone for you and work towards a solution. I’m happy to help.
Just for clarification, does the phone have the newest software update applied? Are you using the chargers on multiple devices or only on yours? Does the charging port on the phone have any corrosion or damage? Please provide a few additional details and we will be ready to continue helping.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SHACRA23

Happy to provide more info. The phone was just updated and has been through several Android updates since purchase. I do not use the chargers on other devices. The port does not appear to have any damage and is clean.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SHACRA23, I want to make sure we can look further into your phone and do some troubleshooting so that we can take the next best steps to resolve your concerns with the PRIV. I know having to purchase chargers can be costly. Please click the following link so that we can go closer into the device. http://spr.ly/65808rb2r .

0 Likes
SHACRA23

This link takes me to facebook????

0 Likes
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

I do apologize for any confusion. The link above is a link on how to send us a private message through Facebook. Please send a Private Message and we will be able to further assist you.

0 Likes