Problem syncing Blackberry Storm (1) with Desktop Manager or Downloading SW
RDougShelton

Anyone run into problems with syncing Desktop Manager (v5.0.1.37) with a Blackberry Storm (1)?  Regardless of whether I'm using a USB connection or Bluetooth, once Desktop Manager identifies the Blackberry Storm (I.e., shows the right value for the "Device Connected" Pin), the Desktop Manager freezes up.  My Storm shows the image of the Monitor and the image of the PDA, but there isn't any line connecting them (which I think should show up if there is any communication happening)

Incidentally I've tried reloading the Blackberry Device Software from the Blackberry site with the thought that might fix the problem.  However, The Application Loader shows the SW reading the Application Configuration ("completed"), then Read Device System Configuration (also "completed"), but then stalls out - nothing happening at the third step (Read Device Service Information).  So I'm stuck there as well.

- - - and yes, I have tried reinstalling Desktop Manager.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problem syncing Blackberry Storm (1) with Desktop Manager or Downloading SW
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Have you tried to update your Storm 9530 to latest OS? This should help or maybe try to unload then re-install the current os. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
RDougShelton

Zachary:

Well, I can't upgrade my OS on my Blackberry Storm.  I've looked at the Blackberry and Verizon websites and there doesn't appear to be any way to do it directly from the web site (without going thru Desktop Manager's Application Loader - which I can't do since Desktop Manager is freezing up on me).  And I can't figure out how to d it from my Blackberry, because when I go to Options/Advanced Options/Wireless Update and tr that and "Check for Updates" the system coms back and tells me "No Updates Available  (I'm at 5.0.0.328)

Is there any other way to update the OS on the Blackberry?

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Currently the only two ways available are OTA (Over The Air) and through desktop manager. Do you have maybe a second computer or a friend's computer you can try to do this on? It may just be the Desktop Manager and your computer configuration do not work properly together. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
RDougShelton

Can you tell me what the latest release of the Blackberry Storm 1 OS is?  (I've been able to get Desktop Manager working again so I could use that + Application Loader to dowload the OS)

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Yes I'd be happy to help you with that. The latest update available for the Blackberry Storm 9530 is the OS 5.0.0.328. It should be available through desktop manager. Hope this helps.

0 Likes