Problem with Tour Update 5.0.0.591 from 20/4/2010
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

I recently did i wireless update of my Tour to the new OS update after installing the buggy one and I still have a problem with the keyboard lock: it says that a password is no longer necessary but when I just disable the password and use the keylock it unlocks when I take it out of the holster and I want it to stay locked.

DJ

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problem with Tour Update 5.0.0.591 from 20/4/2010
2_BCs
Enthusiast - Level 1

DJ_Boxer wrote:

I recently did i wireless update of my Tour to the new OS update after installing the buggy one and I still have a problem with the keyboard lock: it says that a password is no longer necessary but when I just disable the password and use the keylock it unlocks when I take it out of the holster and I want it to stay locked.

DJ

Since I haven't used a password on my tour, I can't comment on that part of it - but unlocking when you take it out of the holster is normal behavior under os 5.0.0.591 (and other os 5 versions).  I don't know how/where to change that behavior.

0 Likes
Re: Problem with Tour Update 5.0.0.591 from 20/4/2010
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

I much preferred the old and it was better way of just locking the keypad and knowing it was locked and it showed it by showing the owner info on screen.  If this is not changed in a future update then this may very well be my last Blackberry.

DJ

0 Likes
Problem with Tour Update 5.0.0.591 Why change the keylock functionality??
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

I am wondering why they decided to get rid of the old keylock system with Blackberry's that worked so well?  Originally you just had the option of locking the keypad and it would go the Owner Banner Screen and now you need a password to lock it and keep it locked out of the holster.

DJ

0 Likes