Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi I'm  in Honduras Central America and I don't have cover any sign I need a unlocked code, because already buy a sim card and doesn't work

Labels (1)
Re: Problem
Sr. Member
Sr. Member

If you bought a SIM card there, yes, you would need your phone unlocked to use it. The only ways I know of to do that are to ask Verizon to give you the code, pay someone on eBay to unlock it (at your own risk), or do it yourself with certain software (obviously at your own risk and you'd want to have a basic knowledge of how to do this).


Otherwise, if you called Verizon before you left to enable international dialing, you can use your Verizon SIM card to make calls, but you will be charged international roaming rates. There are international rate plans you can add temporarily to your account.