Problems syncing Tour with desktop manager, user profile error
lmaras

I've had Blackberrys for years, this used to be so simple....I have a Tour 9630, handheld version v4.7.1.61. Desktop manager is 5.0.1.28. Windows 7.

Desktop manager will now recognize device, but when I go to sync it gives me an error message, and takes me to the screen so I can set up the applications for syncing. However, when I try to set those up it takes me to a user profile screen, and no user profile exists.

This may be part of a larger error, as the box for syncing email is greyed out and I cannot check it.

Any help would be surely appreciated. A Blackberry that won't sync is kind of frustrating.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems syncing Tour with desktop manager, user profile error
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

When you first install Desktop Manager, it will ask you to setup a profile and by Default it will look at your email client.  In my case it is Outlook.  I click OK and then it will allow me to proceed to setup the syncing applications with email enabled.  I have tried to skip this part in the initial install and could not sync with my Outlook and had to reinstall.

0 Likes
cochise

I just got a tour last weekend and had the same problem trying to use the desktop software already installed for my last Crackberry. Hopefully this is as simple for you as it was for me. just run thru the set up again.

from main menu...click synchronize then Config Sync, then synchronization on the right of the screen, highlight calendar, then click setup. Run thru this and about the 3rd screen it asks for "user profile." Mine was somehow blank. Click the appropriate profile and continue to the end. Repeat for adress book, memo pad, etc. That solved my issue. good luck.

0 Likes
lmaras

That's the problem, there ARE no outlook profiles at all in the drop down menu.

I have two laptops, one running Windows Vista and one running Windows 7; both have Outlook 2007. The sync works flawlessly on Vista, cannot get to work for the life of me on Windows 7.

I haven't given up, just put it on hold until I have ANOTHER EIGHT HOURS to mess around with it.

0 Likes