Q. re: Z10 10.2.1.2976 update Today
OSitCAMEwith
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has anyone had experienced this update on Verizon?  Just new to this BB10 so I thought I would ask for advice or inputs.

This 7-day old Z10 I bought has version 10.2.1.2122 AND it would be nice to address the VERY hard-to-access youtube (through z10 broswer and the other 3 apps in BB store & EVEN through the Z10 as a  hotspot on other devices (Win8, iOS5 and 6) + WIFI Low speed (download especially)

Also, the browser no longer locks in rotation on the landscape mode so maybe this'll fix that too.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Q. re: Z10 10.2.1.2976 update Today
Rumley80
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm updating my Z10 as I write this. 

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Go for it. Installed here also, few improvements and bug fixes.

0 Likes
dcouncill

Since my update last week, I have at least two problems that have occurred and may or may not be related. My camera (back) no longer works - has colored lines. Front camera is fine.The compass, which never read right anyway, now comes up with a message "device not supported". I have done the battery removal as well as a reload through Blackberry link to no avail...

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Compass is known to be a little flaky at times. As far as the camera problem, did searches and so far haven't found similar problems. Will keep checking and let you know if I find anything. May also have to be looked at by a tech, may not have anything to do with OS update.

0 Likes
dcouncill

The camera problem is quite common and a previous update (earlier version of 10.2, around Dec 2013) did cause this problem with quite a few phones according to Internet searches as well as Crackberry forums. However, in my case, the very flaky compass now does not work at all but the message it gave "device not supported" indicated a sensor problem. Under the Z10 help function on the phone is a testing option and it indicates sensor failure - the rotations, proximity, gyroscope functionality. So hardware failure may be the cause rather than software (update) even though the update and sensor failure happened around the same time. I have only had the phone for about two months so I will contact Verizon about a replacement. Still, I have been a Blackberry and Verizon user for almost a decade with no problems until now - hopefully it is just an isolated z10 fluke.

0 Likes