Q10 Software update disabled Bluetooth
RickHesek

Hello,

On March 20 I had an automatic OS update to 10.2.1.2122 and lost my Bluetooth function.

I can no longer pair my phone to my car (2009 Mercedes). This came after more than a month of trouble free service.

In my effort to resolve this, I updated the OS again to 10.2.1.2156, at the recommendation of Blackberry. No change.

Has anybody had this same issue and is there a recommended resolution?

Thanks,

Rick

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Q10 Software update disabled Bluetooth
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are having issues with pairing your car with your bluetooth function on your device . I know this is frustrating RickHesek. Have you tried to remove the connect completely and reset it up again? Have you spoken with your cars manufacturer about having it paired? Are you using a third party application to connect?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
RickHesek

Hello,

Prior to the software update on March 20, my Q10 had been successfully paired to my 2009 Mercedes for close to 2 months. Trouble free service.

As soon as the March 20 update was complete, pairing to my car was interrupted and will not stay connected if I leave the car.

I have deleted “my car” from my device as well as “de-authorized” my device from my car. This is really the only way I can re-establish pairing, however, the paired connection breaks when I leave the car.

I am properly using the Mercedes Benz Comand 2 system to pair.

I also, using Blackberry Link, reset my device to factory settings and reloaded the updated software. My contacts and media were backed up but I needed to recreate my email accounts.

The only change has been the Blackberry 10 software update. It has a bug and needs to be fixed.

Blackberry Community Support Forum is responsive, however, they are guessing. And they have no idea if the issue is being attended to at RIM. I felt I could raise this issue to Verizon.

I am one of many here. This issue popped up back in January when others found an issue with Bluetooth after a software update.

I am an engineering consultant and I spend hours in my car. While in my car, I frequently attend conference calls which can result in my contract negotiations. If I miss a critical conference call or face to face meeting, I stand the risk of losing income.

If my new device does not solve this problem, I may request a new phone of a different brand.

I’ve always liked Blackberry because of the strong business format. However, if they are no longer reliable, I can’t use Blackberry.

Thank you for the response,

Rick Hesek

Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎March‎ ‎25‎, ‎2014 ‎10‎:‎10‎ ‎AM

To: Rick Hesek

Verizon Wireless Community

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in BlackBerry - View the full discussion

I'm sorry you are having issues with pairing your car with your bluetooth function on your device . I know this is frustrating RickHesek. Have you tried to remove the connect completely and reset it up again? Have you spoken with your cars manufacturer about having it paired? Are you using a third party application to connect?

KinquanaH_VZW

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in BlackBerry by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

0 Likes
RickHesek

Update:

I received my new device today and Bluetooth pairing works well.

The software version on the new device is 10.1.0.4189. The up to date Blackberry 10 software is 10.2.1.2122. While activating my new device, I chose NOT to update.

Bluetooth pairing with my Mercedes took less than 10 seconds and automatically restores if I leave the vehicle for a period of time.

My Bluetooth pair works as it did prior to the Blackberry software update.

The solution here is NOT for all Blackberry 10 owners to call Verizon and get a new device. The solution is for Blackberry and RIM to provide a solid software update that has been tested.

Regards,

Rick Hesek

Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎March‎ ‎25‎, ‎2014 ‎10‎:‎10‎ ‎AM

To: Rick Hesek

Verizon Wireless Community

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in BlackBerry - View the full discussion

KinquanaH_VZW

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in BlackBerry by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

0 Likes
jhanks64
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm using OS version 2234 on my VZW Q10.

If you need instructions on doing the update, Please look here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Upgrading-BB10-OS-Using-Sach...

0 Likes
RickHesek

My device OS is currently 10.1.0.4189. Bluetooth works well.

I am receiving notifications in BB Hub that OS update 10.2.1.2122 is available, which has this Bluetooth bug. I have my automatic update turned off and I just delete the notifications.

Blackberry needs to fix the Bluetooth issue with OS version 2122. I anticipate a newer version that includes the Bluetooth correction. I will not update my OS until I have that.

Does your OS 2234 include the Bluetooth repair? Keep in mind, this Bluetooth issue is specific to Mercedes Benz cars.

RickH

Sent from Windows Mail

0 Likes