Q10 battery and phone reset issues
CATHYVITALELAW

I have a Q10.  got it for christmas right from the box.  battery does not last more than 6 hours...then the entire phone resets and i have to start it all over as new.  no one in the local verizon's knows what to do.  One person told me to buy an iphone!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Q10 battery and phone reset issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CATHYVITALELAW, 6 hours is definitely not going to work. I know I rely on my phone for everything, and 6 hours of battery life would be unacceptable. However, you should not have to buy a brand new phone if you don't wish to.

What kind of usage are you engaging in? Would you describe yourself as a light, moderate or heavy user? Different applications will consume power at varying rates. If you are a heavy user, you will notice that the battery life is very short.

This link will give you some helpful tips for managing your battery life: http://spr.ly/6580DX61m Please let us know if this helps!

0 Likes
CATHYVITALELAW

I do not use apps on the phone, the battery dies just from the notifications and the phone calls. If I am on the phone for 30 minutes, the battery goes to zero. I have everything off that can be off and can’t use any of the features because the battery dies. I am a light user

I am on the bench from 9 to 12 and 1 to 4 during which I don’t use it at all. I use it in the morning to check email but can’t down load anything or the simple download drains the battery. no one at the local Verizon stores can help me. They all tell me to buy an iPhone.

Not going to happen. I will leave Verizon before I get rid of my blackberry and go to someone who supports it.

Cathy

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CATHYVITALELAW,

Thanks for the additional information. When exactly did you notice the battery life draining faster than usual? Has there been any changes to the device since this started such as new apps, app updates, software updates or even damage?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CATHYVITALELAW

It has been this way since i got it as a gift for christmas

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to have a device that works for as long as you need it to, CATHYVITALELAW. The Blackberry Q10 is a little bit different from many other devices that are currently available, and one of the differences is that it has a replaceable battery. Have you considered picking up a second battery for the device? Original Equipment Manufacturer batteries for the Blackberry Q10 are available for around $10.00 from a variety of sources. If the replacement battery does not have the problems holding a charge, then we can narrow down the current issues with the device to the battery that you currently have. Conversely, if it does have the same short life as your current battery, we know that there is something else going on with the device. You can view instructions on removing your battery by following this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-80241/.

PeterP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CATHYVITALELAW

Thank you I will get a new battery and we will see what that does

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It would be a terrible thing to lose you as a customer CATHYVITALELAW. Thank you for working with us. I personally had many Blackberries in my life and I've always loved them all. They were all reliable. Buying a new battery is a great idea, however before you do that, let's take a look at your best options. Please check your Inbox for my Private Message. 

RyanC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes