Question For Verizon Management
dennis1956
What is the status of correcting Storm related issues? Could long time customers not get at least the courtesy of an e-mail? How about a phone call from our local store? Something, please.
Message Edited by dennis1956 on 05-20-2009 02:04 PM
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Question For Verizon Management
sanchezm94
I HAVE WRITTEN VERIZON ON MANY OCCASIONS ABOUT THE SAME SUBJECT. GOOD LUCK
0 Likes
ticoloco
Unrealistic expectations? Are you serious? In my case, my third phone worked reasonable well initially, and like I said before, I like what it can do. The problem is when I NEED TO MAKE A SIMPLE PHONE CALL, and I have to wait up to 5 minutes for it to reboot, for reasons unknown. Where was it stated that this would happen so often. I hope that you do not experience any of these issues AFTER YOUR 30 DAYS!!! 
0 Likes
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2

I saw a comercial for the storm, went to the local store and picked one up. I never knew of the problems or issues. The rep actually told me it was the best phone they had to offer right now, and it was a great buy. I paid the 400 deposit and 200 for the phone.

I didn't take it back in the first 30 days because i didn't have any problems. a little after a month and a half, bam.... tons of problems..

I personaly hate this phone. One of the worst I've owned. However, downloading the leaked OS made having and using the phone tollerable. Now, when the storm 2 comes out or whatever, if VZW doesn't do something for me and the rest of the storm 1 owners, I'm canceling my contract, throwing the phone in the garbage and switching to AT&T and getting myself iphone...

The storm has a ton of potential, it really does, but they should have just waited and made it better. Until the release of the storm 2 i will continue to use my now decent storm and like i said, if nothing is done, I'm getting an iphone. I've been with verizon for about 9 years, and this really dissapoints me.

I didn't fork over 650 bucks for a phone that I have to fix myself to make tollerable...

0 Likes
IWINULUZ

so i have read through this thread. and here is MY biggest problem. NO i did not turn in my phone after 30 days with PROMISES that an "update" was coming out soon. yes i did read about the phone before i got it but NOTHING described the constant frustration i go through with this phone on a daily basis. You are literally at the phone's will, not your own. When Storm wants to start texting it will start texting. when storm wants to make a phone call Storm will make a phone call when YOU want to do anything you have to PRAY that it FEELS like doing it. and even on the RARE occasion it does it will take a century to complete the task. i mean i seriously feel like i stepped back in time with this phone's OS. And now i hear rumours of no update at all. i will NEVER own a blackberry again after this. And seriously considering dropping verizon service after 6+ years with thme simply based on the fact that verizon it not taking RESPONSIBILITY for their product which is EXTREMELY funny because that was the reason verizon didnt pick up the iphone line in the first place becuase they didnt want to inconvinence their customers when issues happened becuase mac would need customers to send the phone back to mac. well right about now that situation almost sounds like a BETTER alternative. Atleast someone would be doing SOMETHING to correct the problem. i mean you might be without the phone a couple days but i feel everyday with this Storm is like not having a phone. THIS PHONE IS NOW MY LIFE'S NUMBER ONE FRUSTRATION . And thats sad. especially when you pay $300+ a month for unlimited everything plan inhopes of be connected in every aspect. Once I trash this phone, If i dont go with Iphone i will be LG / Samsung user for life, Never again BB.

-Jason 

Message Edited by IWINULUZ on 05-23-2009 07:06 PM
0 Likes
dennis1956

I finally received a response from customer service, it's in blue. I asked other questions and they were addressed, no exact answers other than what was safe. Even though I have been assured in two phone conversations in the last week the the up-date was "going to happen by the end of May", you see in a written response highlighted in RED there is even an if/when inclusion. I feel there will be no up-date to the Storm. I kept mine past the 30 day period on the promise from the store rep and phone support "it will be fixed" soon. That's almost 6 months now. Verizon continues to sell a faulty product without disclosing the information. I'm still waiting to hear from Verizon Management. Where are they?

Thank you for contacting our Verizon Wireless website. First and foremost, please accept our sincere apologies for the delayed response. Due to an extremely high volume of customer email inquiries, the response time has been longer than expected. We greatly value your business. We understand that you have made an investment in Verizon Wireless and resolving your concern is our number one priority. We will be happy to address your concerns individually.

1. Is the phone going to be up-dated to work as advertised? We'd like to assure you that we are committed to providing the very latest in products and services. For that reason, we rigorously test our products prior to launching them in an effort ensure they meet our standards of excellence. Doing so allows us to confidently address information regarding products or services that we currently offer. Disclosing any unconfirmed information that may be subject to change could raise expectations that may not be met. At this time, we are unable to state if/when an update for the Blackberry Storm will become available as no information has been given. We understand and sincerely apologize for any frustration and would like to encourage you to sign up for email updates so you can receive information regarding our new products and services. 

If you would like to receive e-mail updates regarding new products and services, please click on "Sign up for email updates" from the "Support" tab located at the top of our www.verizonwireless.com homepage. We hope that this information has been helpful. Other tips and helpful product information can be found at www.verizonwireless.com/data. It has been a pleasure assisting you today. We make it our personal goal to resolve all of your concerns. We sincerely hope that you feel we have done that today. Should you feel your current concerns are not fully resolved, please reply back to this email or call us at 1-800-922-0204 and we will happily address them for you. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

Sincerely,

Shacova

Verizon Wireless Data Technical Support

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Frankly, I'm surprised they said that much.   Clearly they just don't want to commit to saying anything and the "if/when" verbiage really gives them an out.   I no longer have my Storm but I continue to really feel bad for the many who do.   What happened was wrong.   As others have correctly stated you can resort to installing the unauthorized betas as I did for a while myself and make it better.   However, most people will not do this and nor should they have to. 

This is a horse that has been beaten to death and I think it will go on.  I think it's great that you at least got something out of them, although it really doesn't put us anywhere closer to where we should be.    I think there will be a "final" official update.  Will it fix everything?   Nope, but it will be a lot better than where people are now.   I also think the Storm I will probably be discontinued as soon as the Storm II lands.   Finally, the best way for RIM/Verizon to dissipate the enormous furror out there is to seriously take care of existing Storm I owners in moving up to the Storm II (assuming they want one).   Everybody learned a lesson on this one.

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
spsyk

Well, after more than two months of trying to accept the BB Storm,  I finally as agreed with VZW customer service and tech support to return the Storm and resort back to the BB 8830 which I tried to upgrade from.

After failed attempts from RIMM and VZW to upgrade the OS to at least make the phone useable without the effects of aggravation  and frustration, in lieu of a fair phone experience.

The Apple Iphone has force phone manufactures to try to implement a phone that could compete,  and instead put out products that are inferior due to the fact that Apple has such a giant step on them to try to overcome. As far as touch screen technology and OS (OSX) it will be a long endeavor for these manufactures, if ever.

Now, I tried to blame VZW, for the bad experience, however they didn't make the Storm, they where only involved in the storm, excuse the pun, for so many dissatisfied Storm users, or triers.  VZW did what they said they would as far as me giving back the Storm, I had two months of a bad phone experience and spent some extra money of apps bought for the Storm, and that is what I'm out for trying this phone.

I think RIMM will be the big looser due to the Storm,  a lot of people bought into this product, not sure if many are satisfied, and as far as making the product acceptable, I believe that it will be discontinued and soon.  So there will be Storms out there which will be discontinued and without support,  the shortest life span for a revolutionary product. 

What it come down to for me anyway,  is that VZW has the worse phones and best network, so I will put up with my BB8830 which get the job done without the frustration and aggravation provided by the Storm ,  until other carrier have a network as robust as VZW has, and that day will come due to competition,  and maybe I will have the choice of a great phone with a robust network.

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Well I'm happy that you were allowed to have a storm for several months and broker a deal with Verizon to return it if not happy.   I only wish that all other owners were afforded a similar deal to return it months later if not satisfied.   If they can do this for one . . . they should do this for all.

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
spsyk

No I didn't have the phone for several months, had it for two months, and had close to daily contact either with tech support or customer service, or appearances at the store.

This was not a pleasant  adventure,  especially to just have acceptance for a cell phone.  I was in the process of returning the phone from about the 5th day of ownership. when I was told that an update was coming and soon,  so I told them that I would like to like this phone however at it present condition I found it unacceptable. They assured me that the update would resolve the problems that I was having and I was able to show a VZW rep.at the store. 

So I endured, from days to weeks and until the time for a decision had to be made to return the phone in the  30 days.  I went back to the store, with the intention of returning the Storm, and customer service was sure that the OS update is imminent, in a few days, and I agreed to wait with the understanding that if the 30 days has pass and the update didn't solve the problems I could return the phone, and I insisted on the deadline to be the Memorial Day weekend, and VZW also agreed,  no update, return the phone, and VZW kept their word.

0 Likes