Question about GPS with Blackberry Bold
kd3yt

My stepdaughter is on our family plan and eligible for an upgrade and wants to get the Blackberry Bold (She is in law school and everyone else has a blackberry). She also wants to use the GPS while riding her bike. My question is: Can she only use VZ Navigator to use the GPS feature. She has a GPS in her car and wants the GPS feature for while riding her bike. I know she need the data plan but does she need VZ navigator also or is there another app she can use?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Question about GPS with Blackberry Bold
Spiral
Master - Level 1

There are other apps available to utilize the GPS on the Bold.  If your daughter is not concerned with turn-by-turn directions I would recommend Google Maps. 

If she does want a free app with turn-by-turn, I have heard the "Life in Pocket" works pretty good.

I would look at crackberry.com for additional info on BB apps and GPS.  Good luck.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Question about GPS with Blackberry Bold
Spiral
Master - Level 1

There are other apps available to utilize the GPS on the Bold.  If your daughter is not concerned with turn-by-turn directions I would recommend Google Maps. 

If she does want a free app with turn-by-turn, I have heard the "Life in Pocket" works pretty good.

I would look at crackberry.com for additional info on BB apps and GPS.  Good luck.

0 Likes