Radio Not Staying Connected
Apoctyliptic

My BlackBerry Storm will connect to the network and then after a few seconds it turns off the radio. It manages to check my e-mail before turning off. 

Here is a copy of my diagnostic run on the phone. I've edited out personal information. I tried downgrading to a previous phone version and then upgrading back to 5.0.0.328.

Diagnostic Started: February 08, 2010 04:18 PM
Diagnostic Completed: February 08, 2010 04:18 PM
PIN: ########
MSISDN: ### ### ####
Device Type: BlackBerry 9530
Application Version: v5.0.0.328
Platform Version: 4.2.0.128
Service Books: BrowserConfig,BrowserConfig,BrowserConfig,LbsConfig,PROVISIONING,IPPP,BrowserConfig,IPPP,BBIMConfig,WAPPushConfig,BBIMConfig,BBIMConfig,BISClientConfig,BBIM,BBIM,WPTCP,BrowserConfig,BrowserConfig,BrowserConfig,BrowserConfig,BrowserConfig,BrowserConfig,APPCTR,BrowserConfig,BrowserConfig,OTASL,BrowserConfig,CICAL,RIM_IM,KEYNEGO,CMIME,CICAL,CMIME,CICAL,CMIME,CICAL,CMIME,CICAL,MMS
Free File Space: 28952113 bytes
Radio Data Activation: Yes
Signal Level: -105 dBm
Radio Access: EVDO
Network: Verizon Wireless
IP Address: ##.##.###.###
ICMP Ping Echo: Yes
BlackBerry Registration: No
Connected to BlackBerry: Abort
BlackBerry PIN-PIN: Abort
Server Name: GBISXNAC00S01
Email Address: myemail1@somewhere.com
Connected to myemail1@somewhere.com : Abort
Server Name: GBISXNAC00S02
Email Address: myemail2@somewhere.com
Connected to myemail2@somewhere.com : Abort

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Radio Not Staying Connected
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Just at a glance, I noticed your signal was at -105 db.  It should be around -80db.  I'm sure that is part of the reason for you losing your radio signal.  Try updating your PRL list.  From your home area, dial *228 and select option 2.  Wait for about a minute for the recording to announce that it is done.  After that, pull your battery and reboot.  See if you run a bit better.

Doc

0 Likes