Random Reboots: Return or wait?
jarmeling
Enthusiast - Level 2

Most of us BlackBerryaholics have heard of the random reboot issue on the Z10 and I believe that most of us have been experiencing this very annoying problem. In the CrackBerry forums it seems to affect those with Verizon Z10's by far. There have been many ideas, questions and suggestions as to why it's happening, what's causing it and what the fix is.

I read this morning (rumor/true?) that Verizon is replacing the Z10's for their customers due to them concluding that it's a hardware issue. Has anybody else heard this or something similar? I was convinced that the issue was a software one and have been IMPATIENTLY waiting for Verizon to give us the os update (ATT has beat them to the punch....again!). But recently there has been much talk on CrackBerry about people reporting that BlackBerry techs and Verizon support are saying it's a hardware issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Random Reboots: Return or wait?
RootDude

I'm in precisely the same predicament. I bought mine less than 14 days ago, full price, and the reboots are driving me nuts - so before my 14 days run out, I really want someone from Verizon to address this issue affecting it's customers. If this is a hardware issue, which seems to be the case since most other carrier's Z10's are not experiencing these reboots, we should be able to return them for replacement. It occurs with no apps running most of the time for me, and only recently has started happening during calls and messages which is maddening.

RootDude

0 Likes
jarmeling
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been following the Crackberry threads pretty closely concerning this issue. It's driving me nuts too! I had a bad experience with Verizon customer service (when I called about it) and blasted them in the online survey. Well, the local Verizon store called me today wondering what happened. After explaining it to a very nice, concerned manager....I have a brand new white Z10 waiting for me tomorrow.

Here's what I'm going to do (a combination of different fixes all put together!):

1. Get a brand new replacement Z10

2. Insert a brand new 32gb Class 10 SanDisk SD Card (to replace my class 4)

3. Have them transfer my contacts (Not going to use BB Link)

4. I'm not sideloading ANYTHING!

5. Hope for the best!

BTW, I'm jamesharmeling on CrackBerry.

Moggymoll
Enthusiast - Level 1

James--I'm curious, has your new phone rebooted on you so far? 

I have been having the same problem and actually replaced the phone via Verizon after a horrible customer service experience about 1 week ago.  I did get a new phone, however, it still continues to reboot for no reason at all.  I have not sideloaded anything, however I did transfer my contacts with BB Link and continue to use my old class 4 SD card.  I would be interested to hear if you have some success with your fixes.

0 Likes
dubbsix

Guys, this issue is not with the SD Card.

Do a full wipe on Z10 from the security menu in settings. Dont restore anything from LINK and you should notice no more random reboots. Im on 20+ hrs and no random reboots.

I didnt have any side loaded apps

My SD Card is not Class 10

0 Likes
jarmeling
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was experiencing random reboots daily, up to 4 times per day. I got a new 32gb SanDisk Class 10 card (replacing my class 4) and the reboots stopped. Then....I did something stupid. I decided to install the 10.1 OS (leaked) that was available and my reboots started back up immediately. As I type this, I'm restoring my phone to it's factory settings and will use LInk to reinstall a few apps (mainly Password Keeper). I'll restore my contacts using the Verizon contacts backup app and I'm hoping that I can get back to having no reboots. I'll update later.

0 Likes