Really unhappy with Bold issues with freezing and Verizon not backing products
dborns06

I started a discussion on the issues I'm having a few weeks ago, and things are getting worse.  I bought the Bold online just over 2 months ago, and really liked it at first.  I started noticing that it would freeze up and the only button that would do anything is the screen lock button.  When the phone would lock up, pushing the screen lock would shut the screen down, but nothing else; the phone would be totally frozen.  I would have to take the battery out and reset the phone.  This started happening more often, so I decided I would return it, but when I looked at the paperwork, it said that I had just a few weeks after receiving it to return it.  Of course this time had already passed so I can't return the phone. 

The problem is now happening 3-4 times a day, and usually at the worst possible times.  I'm also having problems with when I place a call, it goes through, but the person on the other end can't hear me. 

Its pretty sad that a company will take phones back, "repair" them, and sell them as refurbished, but not back them for longer than a few weeks.  I was surprised to be told when I got the phone that insurance wasn't offered on it, and now I know why that is. 

I've learned to never buy refurbished again, especially if the company doesn't back its product.  My options now are to spend another $200 for a phone on top of the $100 already spent, or move onto another provider.  My wifes contract with Sprint is almost up and we were going to move her to Verizon, but it maybe the other way around. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Really unhappy with Bold issues with freezing and Verizon not backing products
jak1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our General Manager is on his 3rd Blackberry Bold 9930 --- all purchased new.  At least once each week, he tries making a call -- the call connects, but the other party cannot hear him - and he cannot hear them.  He has to pull the battery to get back to normal.

I have the same device.  It happens to me too -- but less frequently (once per month or so).

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Really unhappy with Bold issues with freezing and Verizon not backing products
Ayga

i wish for a solution as well... I an my 9th replacement and still the same issue. If any one finds a solution, pls let me know.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello everyone, there recently was a software update for the Bold that was supposed to address a lot of the audio issues.

If you have updated and are still having audio issues, or any other issues such as freezing devices, please let us know. The new software version is: 7.1 Release 1737 (App: 7.1.0.580; Platform: 5.1.0.429),

Thank you,
NicandroN_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes