Rebooting device?
PuppyPosse

On a couple apps (including Facebook) there's a note that the device needs to be 'rebooted' - how do I do that?  I've turned it off and back on again but that's not getting rid of the error message.

thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Rebooting device?
Spiral
Master - Level 1

PuppyPosse wrote:

On a couple apps (including Facebook) there's a note that the device needs to be 'rebooted' - how do I do that?  I've turned it off and back on again but that's not getting rid of the error message.

thanks!

Best way to perform a hard reboot is with the power "on" to the phone, remove the battery.  Replace the battery after approx. 30 seconds and the operating system will reboot (4-10 minutes depending on your system).  This should take care of your problem.

An alternate method is to press and hold all three in order *alt+right-shift+del* until reboot starts.  This is a "soft reboot" which also works for many software issues.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Press and HOLD the power button until it says powering off (and this doesn't fully shut down the device), or better yet, do a battery pull. When you reinsert the battery, the device will reboot.

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

PuppyPosse wrote:

thanks!

Best way to perform a hard reboot is with the power "on" to the phone, remove the battery.  Replace the battery after approx. 30 seconds and the operating system will reboot (4-10 minutes depending on your system).  This should take care of your problem.

An alternate method is to press and hold all three in order *alt+right-shift+del* until reboot starts.  This is a "soft reboot" which also works for many software issues.

0 Likes
PuppyPosse

Thank you!  Pulling the battery worked!

0 Likes