Receiving previous day's emails at 3 in the morning
elreid1

I previously posted the subject line as "not receiving emails". At the time I posted it, I had not received any emails to my BB Tour for over 24 hours. At 3:54 AM I received a batch of the previous day's emails. I first noticed this last Saturday. As I stated in my previous post, I re-registered it, resent service books, deleted and added my email account and pulled the battery. It seems like my emails are scheduled to be sent to my BB at a certain time but I don't know how that would have happened. I appreciate any suggestions that can help resolve this. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Receiving previous day's emails at 3 in the morning
leeford54
Enthusiast - Level 3

Responded under the other post...who is your email provider?

0 Likes
elreid1

AOL.

0 Likes
leeford54
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've heard conflicting info as to whether AOL is push email like Yahoo or Gmail. Unfortuantely Blackberry doesn't have a setting for how often to pull your email and unless your service is true push it relies on BB ablitiy to pull it from AOL If you haven't received an email in some time have tried reconcile? While email window is open push the menu button and scroll down to reconcile now. I had similar problems with Comcast and what I did was

Log onto BIS site

setup your blackberry verizon email account

click edit and under reply to email type in your AOL email address

go to AOL and forward your mail to the new email account

be sure to check leave a copy on server and you'll get a copy on your computer

once this is complete you will often get mail on your BB faster than the computer

when you respond from your BB it will appear you are replying from AOL email

Hope this helps

0 Likes