Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Recently had my Q10 stolen, and received a new one. What about the stolen device?
Linlithgow

This is more of a generic question, but... since the alternative is to call Verizon and get put on hold, I thought I would poll here first.

When devices are stolen do the carriers put a 'block' on those phones so they cannot be used on the network? Why don't all mobile carriers band together and when phones are unlocked prohibit them from joining any carrier's network? I was away on a trip, and did not have wireless updating turned on, so of course I lost a bit of stuff. It angers me that phones are stolen all the time, people lose data, and thieves win.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Recently had my Q10 stolen, and received a new one. What about the stolen device?
Loquat

I know with VZW and with Sprint...if your device is report stolen it can't be activiated again on their network. 

0 Likes
Re: Recently had my Q10 stolen, and received a new one. What about the stolen device?
47seijar

Carriers are starting to use a common blacklist. Stolen devices often can only be used overseas now.

0 Likes