Recovering deleted text messages
unlcejscott
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, I know, I know...but it there anyway to recover a deleted text message?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Recovering deleted text messages
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

unlcejscott wrote:

Thanks

This was taken from Kathleen:

Question:

How do I retrieve text and picture messages after I have deleted them from my wireless phone?

Answer:

At this time, there is not way to retrieve a text, picture, or video message without a court ordered subpoena.  If you do have this document, please contact Verizon Wireless with your request at:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/index.jsp

unlcejscott
Enthusiast - Level 3

TheGreatOne wrote:

unlcejscott wrote:

Thanks

This was taken from Kathleen:

Question:

How do I retrieve text and picture messages after I have deleted them from my wireless phone?

Answer:

At this time, there is not way to retrieve a text, picture, or video message without a court ordered subpoena.  If you do have this document, please contact Verizon Wireless with your request at:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/index.jsp

That's what I thought, not such a big deal

0 Likes
buttons1721

Do you have to have a court order even if its to retrieve pictures/text from your own phone?

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

buttons1721 wrote:

Do you have to have a court order even if its to retrieve pictures/text from your own phone?

If you deleted it from your own phone even,yes you would still need a court order.

benzero
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess that also means that verizon stores all texts and pic messages somewhere contrary to the belief that they are deleted.  That's a little scary. 

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

benzero wrote:

I guess that also means that verizon stores all texts and pic messages somewhere contrary to the belief that they are deleted.  That's a little scary. 

Yes verizon does store the messages for a certain amount of time. Then after that it is gone.
0 Likes
curious101

How long does Verizon store deleted texts etc?  I don't want to get a subpoena if I won't have access to it anyway!

0 Likes
lreim1

TheGreatOne wrote:

benzero wrote:

Yes verizon does store the messages for a certain amount of time. Then after that it is gone.

this is true for the verizon store, but all text messages are always saved through government agencies. they will always be somewhere after you delete them, just like things on the internet.

0 Likes
steelhdngguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

There should be a way, since it was that persons' message to begin with, and of  that persons' personal contract with VZWL