Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Recovering deleted text messages
unlcejscott
Novice

Ok, I know, I know...but it there anyway to recover a deleted text message?

 

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Recovering deleted text messages
TheGreatOne
Sr. Member

 


unlcejscott wrote:

Ok, I know, I know...but it there anyway to recover a deleted text message?

 

Thanks


 

 

This was taken from Kathleen:

 

Question:

How do I retrieve text and picture messages after I have deleted them from my wireless phone?

 

Answer:

At this time, there is not way to retrieve a text, picture, or video message without a court ordered subpoena.  If you do have this document, please contact Verizon Wireless with your request at:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/index.jsp

Re: Recovering deleted text messages
unlcejscott
Novice

 


TheGreatOne wrote:

 


unlcejscott wrote:

Ok, I know, I know...but it there anyway to recover a deleted text message?

 

Thanks


 

 

This was taken from Kathleen:

 

Question:

How do I retrieve text and picture messages after I have deleted them from my wireless phone?

 

Answer:

At this time, there is not way to retrieve a text, picture, or video message without a court ordered subpoena.  If you do have this document, please contact Verizon Wireless with your request at:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/index.jsp

That's what I thought, not such a big deal

 

 

 

0 Likes
Re: Recovering deleted text messages
buttons1721
Member

Do you have to have a court order even if its to retrieve pictures/text from your own phone?

0 Likes
Re: Recovering deleted text messages
TheGreatOne
Sr. Member

 


buttons1721 wrote:

Do you have to have a court order even if its to retrieve pictures/text from your own phone?


 

If you deleted it from your own phone even,yes you would still need a court order.

 

Re: Recovering deleted text messages
benzero
Member

I guess that also means that verizon stores all texts and pic messages somewhere contrary to the belief that they are deleted.  That's a little scary. 

0 Likes
Re: Recovering deleted text messages
TheGreatOne
Sr. Member

benzero wrote:

I guess that also means that verizon stores all texts and pic messages somewhere contrary to the belief that they are deleted.  That's a little scary. 


Yes verizon does store the messages for a certain amount of time. Then after that it is gone.
0 Likes
Re: Recovering deleted text messages
curious101
Member

How long does Verizon store deleted texts etc?  I don't want to get a subpoena if I won't have access to it anyway!

0 Likes
Re: Recovering deleted text messages
lreim1
Member

TheGreatOne wrote:

benzero wrote:

I guess that also means that verizon stores all texts and pic messages somewhere contrary to the belief that they are deleted.  That's a little scary. 


Yes verizon does store the messages for a certain amount of time. Then after that it is gone.

this is true for the verizon store, but all text messages are always saved through government agencies. they will always be somewhere after you delete them, just like things on the internet.

0 Likes
Re: Recovering deleted text messages
steelhdngguy
Member

There should be a way, since it was that persons' message to begin with, and of  that persons' personal contract with VZWL