Replacement 9550 device having same issues as original storm 9550
srrgolf

I have just had the replacement 9550 two days and it is having the same issues that the original 9550 it replaced. Here's the issue: For an unknown reason, i can be using my phone or checking messages, even just picking it up and touching any button to wake up handset....it resets, red light stays on and it reboots itself. it has a new OEM battery never been dropped(if fact it has a OtterBox Defender case), never gotten wet or anything i can think of. Only have a few apps on device, the phone is more for work than for entertainment.

These are the same issues the original phone had, mostly unexplained resets. When I talked to VZW, the rep thought it was possibly a software or other issue since I have not dropped it or anything i did to it or any cosmetic marks, etc. They got me out this replacement overnight, but it is having the same issues 2 days from being unboxed. The original was still under warranty and I have total equipment coverage. Here's the issue...if I call for another replacement, and it has the same issues as this replacement and original, is this going to just be stuck with hoping i get a replacement that works? I am a year away from an upgrade and really don't have the $$$ for a switch to another type of smartphone. Any words of advice or ideas that could help me out? Thank you guys in advance! - scott

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Replacement 9550 device having same issues as original storm 9550
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

srrgolf wrote:

I have just had the replacement 9550 two days and it is having the same issues that the original 9550 it replaced. Here's the issue: For an unknown reason, i can be using my phone or checking messages, even just picking it up and touching any button to wake up handset....it resets, red light stays on and it reboots itself. it has a new OEM battery never been dropped(if fact it has a OtterBox Defender case), never gotten wet or anything i can think of. Only have a few apps on device, the phone is more for work than for entertainment.

These are the same issues the original phone had, mostly unexplained resets. When I talked to VZW, the rep thought it was possibly a software or other issue since I have not dropped it or anything i did to it or any cosmetic marks, etc. They got me out this replacement overnight, but it is having the same issues 2 days from being unboxed. The original was still under warranty and I have total equipment coverage. Here's the issue...if I call for another replacement, and it has the same issues as this replacement and original, is this going to just be stuck with hoping i get a replacement that works? I am a year away from an upgrade and really don't have the $$$ for a switch to another type of smartphone. Any words of advice or ideas that could help me out? Thank you guys in advance! - scott

Did you try not downloading any apps on the new one at first? It sounds like it could be a certain app you are downloading. Try deleting them one-by-one and seeing if that helps. If not, you could try to get another replacement sent. Just remember to send your original phone back once you receive the replacement within 30 days so as not to be charged full price. Unfortunately that is about as far as replacements go. Verizon only replaces them with the same model, unless they are out of stock. If you're the primary line on the account, you might be eligible for one last annual upgrade to use since you are 1 year into your contract.

0 Likes
Re: Replacement 9550 device having same issues as original storm 9550
robimon7

when you download apps, some of them require you to reboot the phone.  If the phone does not reboot and you use it, you get odd stuff happening like the things you mentioned in your post.  If the phone asks you to reboot the system, do it now and not later, sometimes people tend to forget and the phone does not ask for you to reboot it again so  a person can forget they ever rebooted it.   Hope this helps.

0 Likes