Restore old Storm 1 to replacement Storm 1
j2theb

I replaced my Storm 1 today. Prior to going to the store I did a full backup, and I have the IPD file on my hard drive.

Now, I am having problems trying to restore the data to the new device.

Using Desktop Manager...

1) When I try to Restore using the "Restore" feature, it errors out because it is looking to restore to my old phone (using the old PIN).

2) When I go through "Backup and Restore" >> "Advanced" >> "File" >> "Open" and open up my IPD file the lefthand box is filled with my backup data, but it is all grayed out. So I can't restore it.

Any suggestions on how to bring over the data? Before I left the store they set up my personal email accounts and they work fine. I've only had it for a few hours, so I can do a complete wipe and restore if that will solve my problem.

Not sure what to do next. I need to get my contacts and old messages back on my phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Restore old Storm 1 to replacement Storm 1
JB21386
Contributor - Level 1

What version of Desktop Manager are you using?

You can find this by clicking "Help" and the top right and then "About BlackBerry Desktop Manager".

0 Likes
Re: Restore old Storm 1 to replacement Storm 1
j2theb

Thanks for your reply. I fixed this issue, I was misreading the Desktop Manager. The old phone was set as the "Device Connected" I had to select the other PIN when I connected and it was able to connect and upload/restore the old data.

Thanks.

0 Likes