Restoring OS
Gb755c

I have had my 3rd storm replacement and this oe like the others is doing weird things like memory leaks, keyboard misbehavior etc.  I attribute part of it to the fact that the storm has the unsealed scream where dust, dirt, moisture etc can get into it but I'm thinking I also have a software problem as every so often my phone will just randomly restart itself especially during calls and when it starts being slow if I check my status I notice the bytes free always reads 0 when this happens.  Is there a way to restore the current software since there is no new updates available right now?  I'm running 5.0.0.328.  I saw someone mention on a thread that there is a 419 release but is it available through Verizon? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Restoring OS
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

The .328 is the latest official release for the Storm at this time.  The .419 release is a leak and is not official.

Doc

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

The 5.0.0.428 is the latest "leak" and it is nice.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

StreetDocRN wrote:

Hi,

The .328 is the latest official release for the Storm at this time.  The .419 release is a leak and is not official.

Doc

The .419 is not a leak.  It is an official from RIM for MTS Mobile.  It will work fine on any 9530 as long as the vendor file is deleted before installation.  Been using it since it came out, works great.

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

^^Right. The .428 is the latest Leak and has the pop up buttons( highlight brightly) on the keypad.

0 Likes