SCREEN HAS MOISTURE
STHNDARLIN

HI I APPLIED A SCREEN PROTECTOR TO MY BLACKBERRY TOUR 9630, AND USED A SMALL AMOUNT OF GLASS CLEANERS TO GET THE BUBBLES OUT AND IT WORKS FINE BUT THERE ARE LIKE BLACK SHADOWS ON THE SCREEN, IT HAS DONE IT BEFORE AND CLEARED UP, BUT NOW IT'S BACK ANY SUGGESTION'S PLEASE

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SCREEN HAS MOISTURE
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

If I'm not mistaken, you not suppose to use any chemicals on the screens of cell phones. Use lint free paper towels or something from Verizon Wireless.  Possible, the screen protector melted on to Tour's screen when trying to get bubbles out?:smileysurprised:

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Blackberry Screens don't need protectors, My pearl was 2 years old and never seen a protector, My storm is almost a year old and no protector, Screens are like new. (They are in a pouch or case when carried.) If you insist on a protector, Use a credit card when installing the protector, Stick one end on and use the credit card to smooth the protector onto the screen, It will push all the air pockets out.

0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

I don't know about Blackberry screens not needing protectors. Your Pearl had a flip cover, so no need worry too much. As for the Storm's screen there is slight smudges from your finger tips when swiping it over screen, then have to somehow wipe it off. Eventially, tiny scratches may show up on unprotected screen. I have screen protector on my Storm screen, with the "Otter Box" protector and  holster. One of these days, anybody can accidently drop Storm on a "hard surface" like concrete sidewalk, without any protection???:smileysurprised: 

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

SaNDman wrote:

I don't know about Blackberry screens not needing protectors. Your Pearl had a flip cover, so no need worry too much. As for the Storm's screen there is slight smudges from your finger tips when swiping it over screen, then have to somehow wipe it off. Eventially, tiny scratches may show up on unprotected screen. I have screen protector on my Storm screen, with the "Otter Box" protector and  holster. One of these days, anybody can accidently drop Storm on a "hard surface" like concrete sidewalk, without any protection???:smileysurprised: 

Pearl? Flip cover? Not unless it's the new Pearl flip!  Have you watched the videos on youtube using a knife on the screen of the Storm. Im pretty sure a little cleaning with a soft cloth isn't even close to that abuse. As for dropping it on concrete? Good luck even with a screen protector. All I can say is 2 phones 3 years no screen protectors and not a scratch. Waste of money.

0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

Only really ------ people will actually use a knife on the screen of Storm on youtube or any where. So I was wrong about the old and new Pearl.  Nevermind about dropping Storm on concrete with only a screen protector. That's why in case something "happens," I have a protective case, with "screen protector," and holster. I'm glad you don't have no scratch on screen!:smileytongue:

0 Likes