SMS Backup & Restore
mrsmoo

In June of 2013 I had a killer text that would prove a lawsuit that I am involved in THE FACTS.  I called Verizon wanting to make sure that I could NEVER EVER lose it and he had me download above application assuring me that this would be a "redundant" way to go.  So what ended up happening was I deleted it off my phone and (((I don't know HOW nor CARE, just want it back)))) I lost the entire thing.  My real question down and dirty is;  Can I get ahold of whoever or whatever this SMS B&R software is or the device I was, on or perhaps the computer I was using (I've upgraded 5 times phones, and retired that computer but at that time don't believe that I had the ***smarts, knowledge, whatever**** to hook my phone to the actual computer at that time.  I have since that time gone into this and that and that and this to desperately try to retrieve that stupid thing, and it seems to me that maybe it was overwritten by 12 hours with a file that now says 8/18 blah blah.. I know it was there on 8/17... is it JUST FREAKING GONE & I should just move on?  This SMS Backup & Restore, I was wondering, do they keep stuff when (or is that "THE CLOUD" in disguise) you switch to THE CLOUD?  We go into mediation very soon and this is my last ditch effort to get my hands back on that little gem....   Bumming in Wyoming.... haha... but if there is a solution SOMEWHERE ON THIS PLANET, I promise I will make it worth your while....  🙂

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SMS Backup & Restore
Snn5
Legend

Well, a lot of things can happen when you sync this and don't mirror sync that and change phones and alter computer files and such.  Verizon claims no responsibility for the data backed up to the Cloud of course and leaves it up to the user to maintain the safe keeping of texts.  If your phone overwrites older messages by date at a certain limit then of course that message is gone.  If it wasn't backed up properly, it's gone as well.  Verizon cannot get the messages back for you.  If you have gone through all this trouble and research and still cannot find this text thread from whatever date on whichever device, at this point, I'd say it's gone.

0 Likes
Re: SMS Backup & Restore
mrsmoo

Well, crying in my beer so to speak, I guess that I just needed a perfect stranger to tell me "get over it" but me and defeat do not go well together!  It was just a long, long, longlonglong, long shot here... thank you for answering so quickly.  I will put it to pasture (I pray, until I wake up in a cold sweat, with another OMG, maybe thought...) lol.  Have a good evening.  vb

0 Likes