SMS email messages on BlackBerry
CurtisSac

How do I stop getting an SMS message everytime I get e-mail  via mail.com or yahoo mail?  I have clicked SEPARATE on the general options so that e-mail and SMS are separate folders.  But when I get an email I also get an SMS message, so I am alerted twice! 

When someone emails me at my yahoo mail account, I get an SMS from {edited for privacy}.

When email arrives at mail.com I get an SMS {edited for privacy}                  .

I have not set up notification with either of the e-mail providers.  And this did not happen on my LG Voyager.

Any ideas?  Maybe I could set up a filter to block SMS from the two numbers?  Can't figure out how to do that.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: SMS email messages on BlackBerry
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Some how or another, there has been a filter set up to send you an SMS text alert when you recieve an email on those providers.  Check each of your email accounts from a PC to make sure in the settings the SMS alerts are turned off.

Doc

0 Likes
CurtisSac

I was thinking the same thing.  I went to both my mail.com and yahoo mail accounts to check, but couldn't find anything.  If this is the case, I think the BlackBerry system must have "set something for me".  I have had this phone for less than a week.  I was not getting SMS notifications on the LG Voyager I have used for the last two years.  This just started happening when I configured the accounts via the BB device.  My wife and I both got Tours on the by-one-get-one-free deal.  Her mail.com account is not doing this.

I will go check again.  Thanks.

0 Likes
CurtisSac

OK.  So I decided I would call (fearing a long wait) and was referred to a tech that seems to know what the problem is.  Apparently the e-mail application was using on my LG, though cancelled, still has a process running in the network somewhere.  That mail app, Vemail, uses SMS to push e-mail alerts to a phone.  Looks like Vemail is still sending those SMS messages but the BlackBerry doesn't know what to do with them, so they just come up as text messages.  They had to open a ticket for the network guys to find the problem and shut it off.  We'll see.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Glad you got it worked out.  Let me know what the final outcome is.

Doc

0 Likes