Sending SMS messages and other end not receiving them issue.
lukey71

I'm having an issue that started on 9/29/10 that if I send a SMS to someone on a different network they don't receive it but it looks like it goes through. If I send a SMS to someone on the Verizon network they receive it. I also tested sending a MMS message to another non Verizon user and they received it. I can receive MMS and SMS messages.

Just wondering if anyone else if having this issue or have any updates on this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sending SMS messages and other end not receiving them issue.
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

Hello lukey71. I have read your post and understand your issue with not being able to send your text message to all carriers. An issue has been identified with the latest software for the Blackberry Curve and Tour. When sending a text message addressed with 1+ area code, whether dialed manually or from the contact list, the destination address is prepended with 011 and fails. The workaround is to delete any current conversation threads and address the message with 10 digits only. You should also edit any contacts to only 10 digits as well. 

0 Likes
Re: Sending SMS messages and other end not receiving them issue.
lukey71

I have no (1) in my contact numbers, but I have spoken to Verizon and there was a known issue with Verizon users sending to Sprint or AT&T users and it failing. As of now all is working. Thanks for the heads up.

0 Likes