Sending video?
pappy53
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an EVO 4G and my wife has a Bold 9650 with
Sprint. When I shoot a video with my EVO and try to MMs to her, her BB says "the video file is too large to view on this device".
I have my video set to lowest resolution. The last video was
about 3 seconds in length, and size was .90MB. What am I doing wrong? I also
tried to e-mail it, and the BB said the same thing.
The
EVO is shooting in mpeg4.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sending video?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

If you are sending the video from the video application via MMS, try a different way.  Start a blank MMS message and attach the file that way, instead of sending through the video application.  It should send.  The size limit for Blackberry devices to be able to receive is 3 mb.  Hope that helps.

Doc

0 Likes
pappy53
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, Doc. I tried your suggestion with the same result-"this video is too large to view on this device". I don't know what else to try.

0 Likes
pappy53
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, Doc. I tried your suggestion with the same result-"this video is too large to view on this device". I don't know what else to try.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I don't think there is a problem with her Blackberry.  I believe it is a problem with Sprint.  I have noticed a lot of other Sprint users have similar problems sending MMS videos and recieving them, according to their forums.  You may try saving your video as a 3gp file and see if that makes a difference.  That is the default video file extension the Blackberry saves all its video.  Keep us updated on your progress.

Doc

0 Likes
pappy53
Enthusiast - Level 3

it is a 3gp file. My EVO has no problem with receiving and playing videos. It has got me buffaloed.

0 Likes