Should SIM be put into to replacement BB Bold?
bbithead

Wife's old BB Bold was accidentally smashed.  Received replacement today, and not sure how to get things working again.  Should the SIM from the old be transferred into the new?  Does the SIM hold all of the contacts and other info?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Should SIM be put into to replacement BB Bold?
Spiral
Master - Level 1

The SIM card in the Blackberry Bold series phones from Verizon (models 9650 & 9930) are only for use in international travel.  Assuming your wife used her Bold exclusively on the Verizon network here in the USA, that SIM card would not contain any contact info or other data.

I always stored the SIM card in my Bold so that it would not get misplaced (in case I traveled overseas) but I recommend that you face the contacts outward so that the phone does not constantly search the SIM card for information that doesn't exist (and waste battery power).

Good luck.

0 Likes
bbithead

Thank you!  So I guess her next step will be to try the Vzw Backup Assistant to restore her contacts (I saw today that there is BB desktop software available, but we're too late for that).

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I have all my contacts synced with my Gmail account. All I had to do when I got a new device was to set my Gmail account up on that device and they synced to the phone. I realize it my be too late for you now, but something to think about with your new device.

Doc

Z10STL100-4/10.1.0.2151 on Verizon Wireless

0 Likes