Skype application problems
Ronald8330

Hi,

I am having problems with Skype on my BBCurve 8330.  I am running v4.5.0.175 blackberry os and my skype version is 1.3.0.12

For the first time when I use skype to make a call to a landline or to a skype online contact, the application runs successfully, dials the number and I am able to speak the person on the other end. Once I disconnect the call, I go back to the skype application. It remains stuck say connecting and it does not connect again, which means it is not signing into the skype servers. Evening when I try to sign out, the app is stuck saying signing out.  The only way around for me to make a call the second time is to pull out my battery and again reboot the bb.

This is really annoying. Has anyone faced this issue on their curve? This is happening only with the latest update of skype. The initial version of skype, when it just launched on verizon, worked fine, but the latest update is causing this issue. 

Could anyone help me with this either by helping me to revert back to the old version of skype or solving it on the current version.

Thanks,

Ronald

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Skype application problems
GDB

I am having a very similar problem!  The old version of Skype Mobile on the BB 8330 worked great.  With the latest version, I cannot connect at all - get the Skype circling logo of death and the app says "connecting".  When I try to close or sign out, the application hangs with the "Signing Out" message.  The only way to get rid of it is to remove the battery and reboot.  (I can get to other applications by hitting the "stop" button - but when I try to get back into Skype, the "Signing out" message is still there).  

I have deleted and reinstalled the application several times.  The same thing keeps happening over and over.  

Anyone have a solution?  I've searched everywhere and can find nothing....   Thank you!

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

First try doing a soft reset on the device.

Soft Reset

Power the device off, then remove and replace the battery. 

Then power the device back on and dial *228 send and option 1 on the device.

Then make sure you have the most updated operating system on your device. 

Copy and paste the link below into your browser's address bar. 

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/server/5/

After the update, un-install Skype  and then re-install the application.

0 Likes
anukfdo

Tried this several times and still no luck. When I login to skype it just stays in the signing in screen and does NOT sign in completely. It also does NOT sign out or close. I have to reset the blackberry to get out of the skype software.

I have a blackberry 8530 running the latest software v5.0.0.973(bundle 1596, platform 4.2.0.422).

Looks like the problem happened after I upgraded to the latest skype software version. Is there any place I can get the older versions?

0 Likes
anukfdo

I Just uninstalled skype and reinstalled and its working now. 

0 Likes
GDB

Didn't work.  In fact - it's worse.  I followed the directions, and - after all - "deleted" Skype.  It's still hanging.  I have restarted several times and no luck - going into the app, I have the "signing out" message and nothing else works (except for the 'off' button which takes me back to the main bberry screen.

There must be some way of fixing this.....

0 Likes
diager

Mine hasn't been working for the last 4 months. Multiple, multiple deletes and reinstallations have not worked at all. Neither what was posted above in the thread. Who is going to step up Verizon's technicians or Skype? There is obviously a bug that has to be solved. 

0 Likes
GDB

I continue to have the same issue.  Deleted the application several weeks ago and, just today, tried to reload.  Exact same issues - the application seems to load cleanly and allows me to sign in - but then it never connects and just hangs.  I agree - when is someone (Skype, Verizon, both?) going to help?  I can't find anything anywhere, nor any way to contact either company with this issue.

0 Likes
anukfdo

Wipe your BB and then reinstall the apps. This is defintely a compatibility issue with some app thats already installed on your bb vs the skype app.

Mine has worked flawlessly since the wipe

0 Likes
diager

Hi everyone,

So I got skype to work and so on by cleaning my apps. But just recently I had to wipe clean my BB again and the skype version is no longer available anywhere, I believe it was the 1.3.0.12. Skype apparently replaced it with the 1.4.0.7 which is not supported by my BB curve because it is the old version (trackball). Since I know you all have the older version of skype, I would appreciate if someone would share that version with me. Send me a private msg.

thks.

D

0 Likes