Skype thinks I'm not in US
dpstk78

I haev both the Droid and Blackberry Tour.  Skype works fine on the Droid.  However on the Tour it installed and set up fine but when I try to access it again it says it cannot be used off the Verizon Wireless netowork out of the US and prompts me to close the porgram.  I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, popped the battery and so forth with no improvement.  Has anyone else come across this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Skype thinks I'm not in US
Guppy300

That software is a piece of crap. We got ripped off. Skype does not connect through wifi.

0 Likes
dpstk78

I don't believe its a rip off.  The whole point is to be mobile and be able to call a Skype computer.  I wasn't looking forward to it working on WiFi.  My issue is the software thinks I am outside the U.S.  Can anyone answer that question?

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

dpstk78 wrote:

I haev both the Droid and Blackberry Tour.  Skype works fine on the Droid.  However on the Tour it installed and set up fine but when I try to access it again it says it cannot be used off the Verizon Wireless netowork out of the US and prompts me to close the porgram.  I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, popped the battery and so forth with no improvement.  Has anyone else come across this?

Double check some of your network settings.

Go to Options > Mobile Network. Make sure it says Network Technology: 1XEV

Go to Options > Advanced Options > GPS > GPS Services: Location ON.

0 Likes
dpstk78

All my settigns are correct.  I called in a ticket to tech support.  I should have an answer soon.  I will post when i do.

0 Likes
JessMe

Did you get any response to this problem? I'm using a HTC Droid Eris and having that same problem.  Skpe app is not able to run it says I need to me a Verizon USA user.  😕 Any ideas on this?

0 Likes
Sepple

I just got off the phone with tech support and the special VZW Skype group haha.

They were really helpful, it turns out that since I switched from Alltel to Verizon Wireless, I still had the Alltel PRL (something about roaming lines) on my phone.  The guy pushed the Verizon PRL to my phone and now everything is working great.

I know I have a Droid, but it could be the same problem regardless of the phone.  Give support a call and have them fix it!

0 Likes