Slow Internet
ptcarden1

I'm new to this forum and apologize if you've beaten this one to death already, but on my Blackberry the internet is slooooow. Maybe it's pilot error, computer problems usually are, but I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong. Compared  to all my pals running iphones, it's dog-on-a-hot-summer-afternoon-slow. I've bee with Verizon forever, but if I can't resolve this, I'm sadly going to have to go ATT. Ugh. HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Slow Internet
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

Download Opera Mini 5 Beta. It is really quick.

0 Likes
glrumble

ptcardin,

Don't be misled by basspro's remark. Your problem is not the browser --- it's Verizon's slow network connection. I have actual dead spots in my home where I can't even get internet access on my Storm.  This, from the company that advertizes as having the fastest network.

Verizon is going to be in trouble if they don't start supporting Blackberry's with built in Wi-Fi.  Check the list of Verizon supported Blackberry phones, there's not a single Wi-Fi phone on the list.  I have been a Verizon customer forever and I'm a first time BB owner. However, I won't renew with Verizon when my new-every-two plan expires unless Verizon offers a Wi-Fi capable phone next year.

0 Likes
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

FYI- Verizon advertises the largest network, AT&T advertises the fastest.

Most upcoming BB have wi-fi.

I have no internet problems with the BB browser or Opera Mini 5 Beta. My speed is fine, but the Opera is faster.

0 Likes