Slow internet access over 3G

Since 5/31/12, my internet access over 3G has been super duper slow.

I can see that a request is going out from the phone, but the phone just sits there saying 'requesting'  this is happening with any site I visit.  Anyone else seeing this behavior?  I live in the San Francisco Bay Area.  I've been seeing this problem in the South Bay and North Bay.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Slow internet access over 3G
jfflarsn

This same issue started for me yesterday and I've been rebooting and turning it on and off and no help.  I had assumed there are network issues but that's why I checked here.  I know the network is working as I have connection for my apps etc. no problem so not sure what the deal is.

0 Likes

Yup, rebooting(even pulling out the battery) has not helped.

0 Likes
jfflarsn

Probably not our phones then and either a Verizon or Blackberry issue.  I was hoping it clears up tomorrow.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

My Blackberry has been unusually quiet since the 31st, whether it's network issues or not I don't know. Very few emails, a couple of texts....maybe no one wants to talk to me this weekend?

Just FYI, I'm also in the SF Bay Area, North bay.

0 Likes
Fingerlakes48
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have experienced very to to connect for about a week. Contacted support by email yesterday and got this response this morning. Surprisingly, it was better today.

"There are different factors that affect the speed of your service which
include both the phone itself and the network signal you are receiving. We
certainly are not intentional causing any slowness of service to get customers
to change from the Unlimited Data plan. The plan does not have any bearing on
the speed of service. To be able to properly determine and resolve your issue we
need to complete troubleshooting with you. Please contact our Technical Support
at 800-922-0204 for further assistance. "

0 Likes