So frustrated with my BB Bold!
tammieb

I upgraded to a BB Bold in August. Since then I've had 3 batteries and I'm on my 5th 'certified replacement' phone.  The battery constantly drains. I do not run wi fi and don't talk on the phone enough during the day to drain the battery.  I don't know what to do but am not getting much help from customer service.  What am I doing wrong??  The latest replacement phone came yesterday and I activated it.  Already after I drained the battery and charged it all night after 1/2 a day it drained.  It keeps getting stuck when I'm trying to switch between apps.  Has anyone else had issues or know what I can do to correct it?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: So frustrated with my BB Bold!
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

In my past experiences with battery drain, I have found most of it occurs when the device is switching back and forth from 1X to 3G for a data signal.  This can drain a battery in a few hours.  The first thing I would do is to check and make sure you are running the latest device software for your Bold.  Currently it is 5.0.0.975.  After checking that, you need to dial *228 and select option 2 to update your PRL.  After updating your PRL, pull the battery out for about a minute and then allow the device to restart.  See if things work better for you after doing those tasks.

Doc

0 Likes
Re: So frustrated with my BB Bold!
kfa1217

I too had the same problem until I did the SIM card trick and took the mobile network off "global" and I seem to be conserving my battery. I also clear my event log each day - I know a total PITA but it keeps my battery life at a tolerable level. Good luck!

0 Likes