Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
So frustrated with my BB Bold!
tammieb

I upgraded to a BB Bold in August. Since then I've had 3 batteries and I'm on my 5th 'certified replacement' phone.  The battery constantly drains. I do not run wi fi and don't talk on the phone enough during the day to drain the battery.  I don't know what to do but am not getting much help from customer service.  What am I doing wrong??  The latest replacement phone came yesterday and I activated it.  Already after I drained the battery and charged it all night after 1/2 a day it drained.  It keeps getting stuck when I'm trying to switch between apps.  Has anyone else had issues or know what I can do to correct it?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: So frustrated with my BB Bold!
StreetDocRN
Champion

Hi,

In my past experiences with battery drain, I have found most of it occurs when the device is switching back and forth from 1X to 3G for a data signal.  This can drain a battery in a few hours.  The first thing I would do is to check and make sure you are running the latest device software for your Bold.  Currently it is 5.0.0.975.  After checking that, you need to dial *228 and select option 2 to update your PRL.  After updating your PRL, pull the battery out for about a minute and then allow the device to restart.  See if things work better for you after doing those tasks.

Doc

0 Likes
Re: So frustrated with my BB Bold!
kfa1217

I too had the same problem until I did the SIM card trick and took the mobile network off "global" and I seem to be conserving my battery. I also clear my event log each day - I know a total PITA but it keeps my battery life at a tolerable level. Good luck!

0 Likes