Software update release for Verizon- still waiting
nanadaisy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seems like other carriers are getting the update. I have held on waiting for update to solve the very frustrating issue with double sent text messages. I can only be loyal so long . Please help Verizon, show me that awesome customer service you are noted for!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Software update release for Verizon- still waiting
twf1959
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to know when the update will be released also! At least let us know what is going on! I have called customer service and they have no clue, but they do want you to take their survey. Come on Verizon give us some sort of answer!

Thanks

0 Likes
DLC128

Yea this is ridiculous! I pay way too much to Verizon to be kept waiting for a software update that was released nearly a month ago......  Europe has it, why is it so complicated that Verizon cannot do it here?  I am a pretty unsatisfied customer as it is, and now I cannot even get what I need for my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know OS updates can bring welcome improvements nanadaisy! Please be assured the highest quality support and network are here to stay! We make announcements here via our news site. I'm sorry we don't have a release date yet. Thank you for your patience. http://bit.ly/n5snpq

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
13strigoi

Another Q10 user waiting for an update. My parents Z10 got updated a few weeks ago. Seriously, canned responses are not customer service. A release date or even an estimate would be nice

0 Likes
nanadaisy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a response this morning from Verizon. They have no release date. No explanation why, not what they are waiting on, just no release date known, watch for update information. Polite but no help. I love my BB but I am going to switch phones and carriers. Problems with phone ( not Verizon) since I got it. Verizon just cannot give me any answers.

0 Likes
daves_q10

So many bugs in the Q10, hopeful 10.2 will bring it up to speed...is there a 'list' of fixes and improvements for 10.2 over 10.1?

0 Likes
13strigoi

Here's a list from Blackberry: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/blackberry-10-os/whats-new.html

Also crackberry.com has a nice write up: http://crackberry.com/exhaustive-list-everything-new-blackberry-102

My Q10 has been pretty stable so I'm more interested in the features and also the apps that rely on the 10.2 upgrade.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize if the respond you have received is not the one you're looking for 13strigoi. Truth be told, we don't want to give you incorrect information and get your hopes up with a release date when the fact is that there is no actual release date. We work with the developer to ensure all the kinks are worked out and once that's been done, it's pushed out. You will receive a notification when it's available.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nanadaisy we want you to have the latest software on your device! Although we don't have a release date as of yet, we don't want you to give up on us! If you're interested in a different make/model device then there isn't a need to switch, we can certainly help with finding the best option for you. Your business is very important to us and we're here to help! Do you have an idea of what device you're interested in? Have you checked your upgrade date? If not, please call #UPG (#874) from your device.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes