Still having signal issues
Canam800r
Enthusiast - Level 3

can a router on a pc,affect your signal?

Well after 32534534534532452352453245453435243652436346 times of dropped calls,failed signals,texts failing.I am done.i cant keep going outside to talk on my phone.Its the month of May  and where i live the heat is miserable already,and mosquitos .I called they tried working on my signal.But problem went from ok too worse.not sure if anyone else is fighting this issue.If its blackberries or all phones.I got so mad awhile ago i wanted to shoot my phone.This is becoming worse then att.and i hate att.What more can i do?.I already got a temper,And really im on my last leg here.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Still having signal issues
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your inquiry. In answering your question if a router on a PC can affect your signal, are you referring to your device being connected to the PC? If your BlackBerry is not connected in some way your PC, there should not be any interference with your signal. As far as the issue with your signal on the indoors, perhaps a Network Extender can help the situation as we addressed your signal concerns. The Verizon Wireless Network Extender enhances indoor cellular coverage to provide more reliable wireless service. The Network Extender is compatible with all Verizon Wireless phones and works like a miniature cell tower in your home or home office. Easy to install, the Network Extender plugs into your existing high-speed Internet connection to communicate with the Verizon Wireless network. This is suggested since to help improve indoor service with weak signals.

For more information, please use this link:http://support.vzw.com/clc/faqs/Equipment/network_extender.html?grp=4&faq=1

View solution in original post

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your inquiry. In answering your question if a router on a PC can affect your signal, are you referring to your device being connected to the PC? If your BlackBerry is not connected in some way your PC, there should not be any interference with your signal. As far as the issue with your signal on the indoors, perhaps a Network Extender can help the situation as we addressed your signal concerns. The Verizon Wireless Network Extender enhances indoor cellular coverage to provide more reliable wireless service. The Network Extender is compatible with all Verizon Wireless phones and works like a miniature cell tower in your home or home office. Easy to install, the Network Extender plugs into your existing high-speed Internet connection to communicate with the Verizon Wireless network. This is suggested since to help improve indoor service with weak signals.

For more information, please use this link:http://support.vzw.com/clc/faqs/Equipment/network_extender.html?grp=4&faq=1

0 Likes
Canam800r
Enthusiast - Level 3

I refuse to pay a dime ,for any type of signal booster.thats too much money.its already expensive to pay for the plans let alone that.its gotten worse .and if i got to pay that price i may aswell buy another phone elsewhere.i love verizon but i want this issue fixed.im on my last straw.this is worse then att.i was outside in the 100 degree heat earlier just to talk on my cell.i cant text.my phone keeps going down to 1x .im very frustrated and angry.seems no one knows how to fix the problem.without me having to pay a crap load of money.im not trying to be rude.just want whats paid for to work.

0 Likes
GinaH_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Canam800r, I understand completely where you are coming from. The network extender is a solution where there's signal interference indoors. You mentioned hot weather. Does this only happen while outside?  Has technical support had the opportunity to submit a trouble ticket for your home area? 

We certainly don't want to lose you without at least allowing us to investigate it more. I'm going to send you a message directly to further help troubleshoot the issue and find a resolution.  

Thank you 

0 Likes
Canam800r
Enthusiast - Level 3

It happens inside.Indoors.I have to go outside to be able to talk on the phone.I would get a signal extender.But its expensive .if thats the case like i said i would buy a whole new phone.seems to fix anything would cost an arm and a leg.

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

I understand your concern. Please keep in mind indoor service is not guaranteed and a network extender would improve the signal. Purchasing a new phone will not improve indoor signal.

0 Likes
Canam800r
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well my first phone with verizon never had a problem with signal . i dont get why the signal has become worst then att all a sudden. for the price these extenders cost i would pretty much be done with cellphones.money dont grow on trees.expecially the fact we already pay monthly fees for 4 phones with yall ontop of that.my first blackberry had no issues ever with signal,i spilt drink on it had to ship it off for a replacement,that phone had signal issues,i shipped it off and got a replacement for that one also,same problem.it seems either its a bad batch of blackberries,or something with the signal in the area has become messed up.im sure a signal booster would help i really am sure.but wow the price.some phones carry a better signal which i understand,but um.it was 105 degrees today in louisiana with heat index,i had to go outside in the heat to speak on the phone or even text.no one else in this house is having the issue but me.i called verizon they did all kind of signal testing on phone etc.dont know what more to be done.i just feel as a paying customer,shouldnt have any problems like this.i left att because of it.and at moment its worse then att.i love big red verizon .i just hope something changes with this signal **bleep** .i apreciate the help.atleast yall tried,.i will deal with it for now.i am upgrading in a few months to a newer phone.

0 Likes
Canam800r
Enthusiast - Level 3

just wanted to let you guys know i dont know what happened but,my signal seems to be stronger now.im not sure if they upgraded something in the area,but this phone is like my first one now.no signal losses. ty for help.i guess it was just they were working on tower maybe

0 Likes