Stored text messages on SIMM card
MichaelNikita

OK, here's a question.  Are text messages stored on the phones SIMM card even after they are deleted on the screen?  And, if so, how can they either be retrieved or permanently deleted?

Hmmmmm.  I guess that's really two questions but does anyone know the answers?  (Oops...THREE questions!!)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Stored text messages on SIMM card
budone
Legend

Once you press delete, the messages are history. ALthough some phones do have a trash folder where they would go first.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also, I think you meant SD card or micro SD card - Verizon phones (except for the global phones) do not use SIM cards.And I don't think photos, music, or any of that type of data (including text messages) is stored on a SIM card, is it?  That's what the SD card is used for...if I'm misunderstanding I hope someone will correct me!

Some phones do have the capability to store text messages on the SD card; mostly the Android variety, and you may need a specific app to get that capability as well.

Regular phones, simple texting, store the messages internally and once they are deleted from the phone, they are gone for all intents and purposes. It takes a court order to get them, and only for a limited time.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Suzy,

You are correct in that the Sim Card in the various smartphones from Verizon only store telephone numbers for dialing overseas.  The Sim cards that come with the various Blackberry devices such as the Bold or Tour are not even needed unless you were going to use the device connecting to GSM carriers overseas.  So, you are correct.  No information is stored on the Sim card, unless the user copies a telephone number to the card.

Doc

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Thanks for the confirmation, Doc. And most BB's also use an SD card, don't they? Like the Bold, I see it comes with a 2 GB card pre-installed, and can support up to a 16 GB card. Totally separate from a SIM card...
0 Likes