Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Storm 1 powered up but won't load up....
Bassin4life02

I have a 9630 Storm 1. I went to answer a call sitting at my desk and dropped it (6"-12") and it shut off, appearingly so. I pressed the red button and the clock came up, spun around a few times, then screen went black. The backlight stays lit under the 4 buttons at bottom.

I tried pulling the battery and restarting phone.

After viewing others' frozen issues, I tried pulling the battery for 5+ minutes with no success. I'm now trying 10 minutes :smileysad:

I've had this happen once before out shopping and it hit the ground from 4 feet up, so I understood the issue. I couldn't get it to work. I pulled the battery and put it in the truck. A few hours later put it together and it worked fine.

Anyone know any other solutions? My screen has a crack in it, so I seriously doubt VZW will replace my phone under warranty, and I'd hate to make a $50 insurance claim. Money is a bit tight this month until mid-January. By then I might just buy the droid.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Storm 1 powered up but won't load up....
Bassin4life02

Update.....it's been 25 minutes since my post and I just tried putting in the battery, waiting for the red service light to go out, then power up.....still same result....backlight on under buttons, but blank screen after the clock spun a few times.

So I take it there's not specific time I should wait.....

Ideas?

0 Likes
woyala

Try to reload the software back into the phone.

0 Likes
Bassin4life02

woyala wrote:

Try to reload the software back into the phone.

How would I do this?

Ho can I when I can't see anything on the screen?

0 Likes
LCromwell

Bassin4life02 wrote:

I have a 9630 Storm 1. I went to answer a call sitting at my desk and dropped it (6"-12") and it shut off, appearingly so. I pressed the red button and the clock came up, spun around a few times, then screen went black. The backlight stays lit under the 4 buttons at bottom.

I tried pulling the battery and restarting phone.

After viewing others' frozen issues, I tried pulling the battery for 5+ minutes with no success. I'm now trying 10 minutes :smileysad:

I've had this happen once before out shopping and it hit the ground from 4 feet up, so I understood the issue. I couldn't get it to work. I pulled the battery and put it in the truck. A few hours later put it together and it worked fine.

Anyone know any other solutions? My screen has a crack in it, so I seriously doubt VZW will replace my phone under warranty, and I'd hate to make a $50 insurance claim. Money is a bit tight this month until mid-January. By then I might just buy the droid.

Thanks in advance!

I do not understand how people can pay for Insurance and then be afraid to use it? If ever there was a case to use it, this is it. This is obviously a broken screen and will not repair itself.

Merry Christmas

0 Likes