Storm 2 Issues - Locks up and Calls echo
twilliamsen

My phone tends to lock up when trying to view messages, text, email or even applications. The other issue is that when I place  a call about 75% of the time it says connected when I call, but all I hear is my voice echoing back to me. 

The phone is reset every night and it is updated to the latest OS.

Anyone else having this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Storm 2 Issues - Locks up and Calls echo
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Try doing a soft reset on the device.  

To do a soft rest,  power the device off, then remove and replace the battery. 

Then could I get you to power the phone back on, then dial *228 send and option 1 on the device, then  afterwards dial *228 send and option 2.

Next you would want to make sure that you are removing old information like emails and messages that you no longer need.  By removing  old messages and emails you would free up  memory on   the device to make it perform better.  

0 Likes
vzwmoosemyles

I had these same problems, I ended up switching to a Blackberry Bold.  This solved most of my problems.

0 Likes
kobiepup

It seems like I'm always having to do a battery pull on my Storm 2 due to the screen being locked up.  It's very aggravating.  I'm also having problems with the sound when I'm talking to another person.  Can't hear half of their words due to a weird noise blocking them out... kind of like a blown speaker.  

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Android10 wrote:

Try doing a soft reset on the device.  

To do a soft rest,  power the device off, then remove and replace the battery. 

Then could I get you to power the phone back on, then dial *228 send and option 1 on the device, then  afterwards dial *228 send and option 2.

Next you would want to make sure that you are removing old information like emails and messages that you no longer need.  By removing  old messages and emails you would free up  memory on   the device to make it perform better.  

A soft reset or .228 will probably not correct this.  Sounds like the original poster is using OS .713 on the Storm 2.  It has known problems with the "robotic voice problem" that Verizon is aware of.

0 Likes