Storm 2 VZW App Question
PEN311

I am about to upgrade from my LG VX10K Voyager to a BB Storm2, and need to know if Verizons Chaperone Parent (Now Family Locator) is available and works on the BB Storm2.

TIA

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Storm 2 VZW App Question
PEN311

Got 3 different answers from 3 different calls into VZW support.

1)  no

2)  Yes

3)  There is no longer a Downloadable app for Verizon Family Locater (Chaperone Parent).  You can use any cell phone web browser and go to the Family Locator Website to track the phones now.  http://fl.VZW.com/

Answer number 3 is the correct answer.

0 Likes
Re: Storm 2 VZW App Question
Devs_Advocate
Contributor - Level 1

Short answer is yes.  It's a web based service and any phone with any web browser is supposed to work.  

edit: Just saw that you answered your own question.  Sorry. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: Storm 2 VZW App Question - Family Locator now available on all devices
LeonardM
Enthusiast - Level 3

Point your Storm 2 to fl.vzw.com and login as you used to on the Chaperone Parent application and all of the same features are available to you.

Or you can go to the Storm 2's My Verizon > My Services > Family Locator to reach the same site via a navigation path.

All devices can now be used to locate family members, with the new Verizon Family Locator, using the website fl.vzw.com

The Chaperone Parent application still works, but is replaced with the website for all new devices, and can be used concurrently with the Chaperone Parent application on older devices.

0 Likes