Storm 2 notification icons on home screen - no longer updating
moblgrl

Last week I upgraded from the Storm 1 to Storm 2.  Love the new touchscreen but I'm having a problem that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere.

You know that new message indicator (red circle with white asterisk) that shows up on SMS, Messaging, phone and other dynamic icons where there is a new message/call?  They no longer show up on my home screen, although they do show up when I click the screen and go to the main apps screen (the screen that's full of icons when you click on the home screen).    I am showing only one row of icons on the home screen, all of which are dynamic icons (SMS, YouMail, BerryWeather, Messaging) but none of them update anymore.   

Anybody else seen this with either of the storm models?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Storm 2 notification icons on home screen - no longer updating
moblgrl

I got the answer to this question in another forum.  Seems there's a bug with icons updating in version 0.320 and earlier.   Once Verizon finally releases the next version of the OS, this should be fixed.   Bummer.

0 Likes
Re: Storm 2 notification icons on home screen - no longer updating
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

It could be the theme you are using.  If you are using a custom theme it might have been left out.  Try switching to the factory theme that came on your device and see if it is working.

Doc

0 Likes