Storm 9530 upgrade to new .419 version
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Hello everyone,

Here is a quick and easy way to upgrade the OS on your phone if you wish to upgrade before the VZW official comes out. Plug your phone in,  open Desktop Manager backup what you want then close Desktop Manager, and follow these instructons.

1.       Download (if you haven't already) and install OS onto your computer.  You can download it here.  https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A928731E103DFC64C0027FA84709689E

2.       Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor.xml file.

3.       In the same folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader double click the Loader or if you're having trouble you may have to right click and choose run as administrator (its the one with the pic of a phone) file, click next and it will show your pin click next again. It will go through a couple of steps and then a box will pop up with what is going to be installed. You can also remove or install things here.

4.   After OS installed open Desktop Manager and reinstall your backed up files, contacts,sounds,bookmarks, etc.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Storm 9530 upgrade to new .419 version
valorian

To any Verizon Reps out there...Any word when Verizon will make this an official OS upgrade?

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

valorian wrote:

To any Verizon Reps out there...Any word when Verizon will make this an official OS upgrade?

Not untill they sell a whole lot more Storm Two's!! :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
workaholick

Does this upgrade make the Voice Dialing work with no bugs?

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

workaholick wrote:

Does this upgrade make the Voice Dialing work with no bugs?

Everything works now, Voice dial goes thru first time every time and the Voice is back to normal (Animated Voice) Also the screen dimming going from portrait to landscape is no longer a problem, Has pop up keys on the keyboard now when you touch a key like the Iphone. A must

0 Likes
workaholick

I was trying those steps to upgrade, but had trouble understanding  on

step 2. Navigate to C;/Program Files, where on my desk top will i find this? And when you delete vendor .xml file, what if you don't delete that file? When i download to BlackBerry, How is it sent to Desktop Manager? Or maybe i should skip this process and wait til it's official. I'm computor illiterate up to a certain extent. But i'll try anything to get it done right.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

workaholick wrote:

I was trying those steps to upgrade, but had trouble understanding  on

step 2. Navigate to C;/Program Files, where on my desk top will i find this? And when you delete vendor .xml file, what if you don't delete that file? When i download to BlackBerry, How is it sent to Desktop Manager? Or maybe i should skip this process and wait til it's official. I'm computor illiterate up to a certain extent. But i'll try anything to get it done right.

"C" is your hard drive.  To navigate to it right click on your start button (bottom left corner) and then left click on explore.  This will open up Windows Explorer.  You should see the C drive in the left hand column.  Click on it and then follow above instructions.

In reference to the vendor file. Not removing it can cause several issues with one of the biggest being messing up phone calls.  The only time to leave the vendor file is when the carrier you subscribe to is putting out the upgrade.  In this case the download was for a carrier called MTS Mobility, those folks can leave it.

Good Luck.

0 Likes