Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Storm Backlight going dim.
tletourneau

Since the 5.0 update, my Storm will start up with the screen at a full 100% brightness, then when the backlight times out and shuts off, I click the screen to turn it back on, and it comes on extremely dim.  It seems to go back to being bright at random times.  Is there a solution to this?  I have a hard time seeing, and with it going so dim I have trouble reading from it.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Storm Backlight going dim.
LOWFLYER
Novice

tletourneau wrote:

Since the 5.0 update, my Storm will start up with the screen at a full 100% brightness, then when the backlight times out and shuts off, I click the screen to turn it back on, and it comes on extremely dim.  It seems to go back to being bright at random times.  Is there a solution to this?  I have a hard time seeing, and with it going so dim I have trouble reading from it.

Have gone into the settings and tried to adjust how long the backlight stays on??

0 Likes
nmchileman

Try playing with the "automatically dim backlight" settings under Options>Screen/Keyboard. While you're there try adjusting the brightness.

0 Likes
tletourneau

I did, its turned off.  It seems that it will go back to being bright in portrait mode, but landscape doesn't affect it.  If I tilt the phone upward into portrait mode, the screen goes back to being bright, I have to touch it to stay that way when I go into landscape mode...  Doesn't make sense...  It should be that bright in all modes.

0 Likes
LCromwell

I have noticed this too now that you mention it. Oh well another update will be comimg I guess. How long will we have to wait and how many problems will it cause?

0 Likes
Wizaerd

This has irritated me to no end.  I always use my phone in Landscape mode, always.  And with this new dimming "feature", I can barely read the screen on my phone, most especially if I'm outside. I've tried all the settings too, it's not necessarily a backlight problem, it's a problem with Portrait over Landscape modes...

0 Likes